Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:10 PM   #1

Hello, I just recieved my new z3 a few days ago and there seems to be a problem -

When I first turn on the camera, the image on the screen shakes back and forth rapidly making a humming/rattling sound. Then, when it finally stabilizes, the resulting image is darkenend/blocked/cropped in one corner - not always the same corner, this changes every time I turn the camera off and on again. I'm a total rookie and also not very technically savvy, but this is bad, no?

Thanks,

Calliope

Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2005, 1:13 AM   #2

Hi there Calliope. You're right. The Z3 should not be acting that way. Was it only one time or every time you turn it on? Anyway, you should return it to your supplier. The warranty should cover the repairs. I've had my Z3 for almost a month now and except for one or two instances of lock ups, no major problems so far. Like you I'm an absolute newbie so I'm still getting to know my Z3.

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 1:13 AM   #3

Hi there Calliope. You're right. The Z3 should not be acting that way. Was it only one time or every time you turn it on? Anyway, you should return it to your supplier. The warranty should cover the repairs. I've had my Z3 for almost a month now and except for one or two instances of lock ups, no major problems so far. Like you I'm an absolute newbie so I'm still getting to know my Z3.

Nols
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:29 AM   #4

Hello Calliope

My Z3 also was with this problem, seems that the lens is dislocated or something thus, therefore each time that turn on, the dark corners appeared in other places.

I send for the warranty and them they had decided, but they had not mentioned the problem accurately, I believe that it has been in the transport...

in case that it has warranty, send it immediately.

worse he is that, when camera came back fixed, I was to install firmware 1.0.2 and camera did not turn on, hehehehe... but I tried to install the Japanese version of firmware and it came back the life.

Sorry my english and good luck..
diegodotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply, Nols. Since this happens every time I turn it on, I am planning to return it ASAP! Calliope
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:32 AM   #6

Hi Diegodotta - thank you for confirming that others have had this problem! Calliope

Old Apr 9, 2005, 5:38 AM   #7

Hi,

Sorry to hiJack this thread, but could you help please. I'm trying to trace the cause of the Z3 lock-ups when Firmware 1.02 is loaded. So far possible reasons seem to bepushing buttons too fast or switching between EVF-LCD-Playback too quickly during startup.

Nols, if you can remember, or duplicate the lock-up that'd be really helpful.

Regarding your problem Calliope, I wouldn't go for a repair but a brand new one from your supplier and refuse to accept a repair unless they can give you a very good incentive. Good luck, I hate having to return goods. For some stupid reason I always feel guilty :?

Cheers

Simon
YorkshireTaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 2:54 AM   #8

Okay, I'll try. Personally, I think that there's very little we can do until Minolta comes up with better firmware. You have to expect these problems as gadgets become more sophisticated and computerized. I have a brand new Pentium IV desktop computer which hangs from time to time. I also have an old computer and a personnal digital assistant which hangs from time to time. I guess my new Z3 has just joined the club.
It's funny because I've had this One-megapixel point&shoot digital camera (by Intel) for several years and it has never locked-up on me. Go figure.

:?