Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

View Poll Results: Minolta Dimage 7i or Nikon CP5700
CP5700 1 2.94%
Dimage 7i 33 97.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:43 AM   #21

Default D7i (I like it!)

Still not an expert on this Minolta camera, but overall I like it a lot.
Only wish is for closer macro on tiny electronic parts. Thinking of buying add on lens.

BTW - what are the main enhancements in the 1.11 firmware upgrade?
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 2:05 PM   #22
NHL

Quote:
You can now use sD cards in the CF slot with a CF adapter... Don't know why :? :? :? ... All more expensive alternatives!

Bragging right may be... it seems like every camera now support multiple format flash formats, so now the Dimages can play this game too when all that anyone would ever need are just cheap CFs and microdrives...

Who know may be the next upgrade would support 802.11 or Blue Tooth and then who cares about memories anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2003, 1:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
Quote:
You can now use sD cards in the CF slot with a CF adapter... Don't know why :? :? :? ... All more expensive alternatives!
If you have both a Dimage 7xx and an X, Xi, F100, or F300, you will have SD cards for the other camera. With the upgrade you can use those SD cards in the 7xx too.

Believe it or not, a lot of 7xx owners own one of these others as a 'take everywhere' camera.
abredon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:04 PM   #24

I am also looking at the Minolta. I did not buy the Nikon 5700 but I did buy the Nikon 4500 and am very disappointed with it. The overall sharpness of the picture is there but the color saturation to me is way off. Also the pictures indoor are always so dark. I have to go into Photoshop and touch up (lighten) almost every picture made with it. This is a big negative for me. It seems like with the Nikon that I have, even on a sunny day...color saturation is just very flat looking (as if it were cloudy). I absolutely hate the camera and after only 7 months am thinking of selling to go with either the Minolta 7i or the Canon G3...not sure yet. I enjoyed reading everyones posts about the Minolta. I have had a film camera made by Minolta and loved it. I thought the Nikon name (reputation of Nikon) was going to make me pleased with my last digicam purchase, but I think it is among one of the worst purchases I ever made.
Cheryld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:42 AM   #25

I have the Coolpix5700 and i hate it. The manual focus does not work well, and I does not focus in low light. The Maximum apature is F8, which is terrible for landscape photography when you are trying for slow shutter speed. The power zoom is akward at best. The controls are overly complicated. I could live with all of this if the camera could accept filters, which it can't. I would recommend that no one buys this camera, it is terrible.
mgash17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:14 PM   #26

Default 7Hi

I voted for the 7i but actually decided to spend the extra for the 7Hi. I am very glad I did. I guess it depends on your needs.

BTW: The poll is interesting, but what do you expect on a Minolta thread [email protected]#$??
R Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 12:07 AM   #27

Question: Read so much about the DiMAGE 7x has more noise level in many reviews. Is that really so ?
wahlao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:10 AM   #28

you balance out the difference between a camera that works better then any other in its class and the "noise" that can be removed by using neat image.

Fact: noise exists in all digital images.

i have also found that the noise reduction algorithms internal to some cameras do not work in all situations well and sometimes reduce the the overall quality of the image by smoothing what had certain levels of texture. so if i'm going to have noise, which i'm going to in all digital cameras, i wanted to control it by my hand.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:17 AM   #29
NHL

Quote:
Question: Read so much about the DiMAGE 7x has more noise level in many reviews. Is that really so ?
Also if one learned how to use this camera properly, there's two settings that in combination do wonder on all the D7's:

1- Sharpness: set to (-)
2- Contrast: any level (-1, -2, to -3)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 3:37 PM   #30

sorry..........but i choose neither...............oh, i choose the S414 and of course the D60.........LOL
Hawkeye12 is offline   Reply With Quote