Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:13 PM   #1

I am buying my first digital camera. I've narrowed it down to Fuji S5100 and the Minolta Z2. I've seen both side by side at Ritz Camera. The buttons and make of the Z2 seemed, well, cheap and not solid in construction at all. I'm worried about its durability.

If you have a Z2, I'd appreciate your feedback. If you've owned both cameras, your comparison would be great as well.

Thanks!

Coach P
CoachP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:50 PM   #2

CoachP wrote:
Quote:
The buttons and make of the Z2 seemed, well, cheap and not solid in construction at all. I'm worried about its durability.
I have a Z2 and have taken it hiking many times. So far it seems to be holding-up fine and I am fairly hard on cameras. I also have shot in -40 degree F weather, and it's still working. I have dropped it a few time (not that anyone heard that), and the camera was fine. The only thing I had go wrong was the tripod mounting bracket got striped but that was because I tightened it a little too hard. I haven't found it to flimsy although it isn't the strongest camera in the world. It really depends on what you are going to do with it. If your going to be doing some really intense shooting and going to be really hard on it you might want the Fuji, but if you are just going to do average shooting and aren't going to need that strong of a camera then the Z2 should be fine. It really depends on what you are going to do with it. I don't mind that it isn't the strongest, but I guess that is personal preference. It really just depends on what your preference is and how hard you are going to be on it.
Hope this helps and makes sense.:?
Jon
Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote