Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 5, 2005, 9:06 AM   #1

Well after completely over researching the subject, I bit the bullet and ordered the A200 yesterday. I look forward to posting some of my first pics here. Quick question, I am going to purchase an external flash and wanted to know if there was a huge difference between the 2500 and the 3600 and your opinions on them.
105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 11:03 AM   #2

105sunset wrote:
Quote:
Well after completely over researching the subject, I bit the bullet and ordered the A200 yesterday. I look forward to posting some of my first pics here. Quick question, I am going to purchase an external flash and wanted to know if there was a huge difference between the 2500 and the 3600 and your opinions on them. I posted the almostexact same question here and

I too have an A200. I've had it since Christmas.

I posted the almost exact same question here as well as on DP Review with almost no results. That said, I've gone ahead and just bought the 5600 flash unit. I favored the 5600 because it gives me the strobe or multi mode.

Good luck!

TopangaRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 12:45 PM   #3

Sigma flashes have almost the same features as 5600, but with lower price.
Dropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 1:33 PM   #4

Dropper wrote:
Quote:
Sigma flashes have almost the same features as 5600, but with lower price.

It would make sense that if the Sigma had almost the same features that the price would be lower. And if the the Minolta had more features it would cost more.

BTW- Samy's has it for $299.00

http://www.samys.com/product.php?ItemNo=MINO8841107

My local camera shop matched the price.

TopangaRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 2:25 PM   #5

Thanks for the input...I appreciate it. Thinking about it, the 5600 probably would be a better long term choice. Hope the camera is treating you well!
105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 12:01 PM   #6

I am still researching the purchase of a flash unit for my A200. The Sigma option sounds good but I want to attach the flash off-centre to a flash bracket using a cable. This means either:

A. purchasing the KM compatible flash unit and the OS-1100 off-camera shoe and the OC-1100 off-camera cable - this works out VERY expensive; or

B. purchasing the PCT-100 flash adapter and work with my old and trusted flash unit but without the integrated functionality of the KM or Sigma units - this is less expensive but still far from inexpensive and would provide only limited functionality; or

C. purchase a slave flash unit to fix on to my flash bracket.

Good advice will be welcome.

Maurice
bacs57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 1:54 PM   #7

I think I would go with the 3600. I have used the 3600 as well as the 5600, and I don't really know if the 5600 was worth almost $100 more. It depends on what your going to be using it for, but either choice will do you fine.
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 1:05 PM   #8

I found some more information and comparison between different brand flashes there: http://www.pbase.com/mtf_foto_studies/mtf_faq#Flash4

Based on what I have read so far I'm leaning towards the Sigma unit when my budget allows it, their pricing being more lucrative than the Minolta brand ones.
Dropper is offline   Reply With Quote