Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 5, 2005, 9:28 AM   #1

My friends G600 has got a problem. With the camera on, the red light that indicates that the flash is going to shoot is always on. I cannot take pics with it, it won't let me focus or do anything. At first I tought it would be a discharged batery, but after charging it and trying other bat's it's the same. Even after doing the Reset on the camera it doesn't work.

Does anyone knows what's hapening?
ttretas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 10:12 AM   #2
Administrator

That little Red light comes on for a variety of reasons, including when the camera is busy with media. It's also blinks to give you a slow shutter speed warning if you're not using a flash and shutter speeds fall too slow (for example, if you forced it off when cycling through the choices under the controller key for flash).

Are you sure you reset the camerato factory defaults?

Press the Menu Button and select Setup, Default, Select Yes, and press the Menu Button.

Have you tried a different Memory Card (or cards)? If you've got both Secure Digital and Memory Stick in it, try using one at a time to see if you have a bad cardpreventing it from working. You may want to slide the write protect switches on the cards back and forth one time, too (in case a switch is stuck in the middle or something).

Make sure to press all buttons and switches on the camera before doing a reset, just in case one is stuck or has some oxidation shorting something out (unlikely, but stranger things have been known to happen).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:20 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick response Jim.

Unfortunately, changing cards or bateries doesn't work either. The red light is always on. I guess I'll have to take it for warranty. Any more ideas?
Old May 5, 2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Administrator

Does the display work, menus work, playback mode work?

Did you make sure you used the Setup, Default menu choice and select Yes to reset everything?

Doesthe cameracome on and off OK when you open and close the cover, except that the red light comes on and never goes off?

And you're sure it's not the battery (or contacts for it)? Make sure the contacts in the battery compartment look nice and shiny (and even then, they can have some oxdidation.

I'd also make sure to wipe off the contacts on the batteries good and make sure they're fully charged. Ditto for the contacts on your media. Wipe 'em offgood to make sure they're not just oxidized a little.

I personally use almost anything aroundclean to do this kind of thing (inlcuding the shirt I may happen to be wearing). A oftenrubthe contacts of a battery on my shirt when I take it out of the camera for charging. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:47 AM   #5

I love you man! I mean, thanks for the help

It's working now. I tried 3 bateries, 3 cards, still nothing. Then I simply wiped the contacts on the batery and it started working. The camera is less than 1 month old, i was about to return it. Thanks.