Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 9, 2005, 9:21 AM   #1

okay, shame on me... I dropped my Z2 pretty bad and broke all the tabs on the battery cover. Now I have two gorgeous pieces of masking tape holding the batteries in.

Two questions:

Would this be covered by the warranty? (Is the warranty even a year?)

If not, how much would KM charge to fix that?

Thanks.
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2005, 12:12 PM   #2

ignavia wrote:
Quote:
... I dropped my Z2
Would this be covered by the warranty? (Is the warranty even a year?)
100% it's not covered by KM. But it's possible that your insurance cover it, check it out.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 12:19 PM   #3

I doubt it. What would KM charge? Did I read something once about a $100 flat fee?
Old May 9, 2005, 12:49 PM   #4

I'm not sure about the battery cover, but when I called KM about a stripped tripod mounting bracket, the guy told me that for repairs the Z2 normally costs about $250 (USD). He said it may be cheaper, but probably no higher then that. He also said that if I sent it in they would look over the camera to see what was wrong and then add up the cost. They then would contact me to see if I was willing to continue the repairs. I'm not sure about the battery cover though... Yes, the warranty is one year and I'm sure that that it will not be covered under it. Unless you got an extended one. When my tripod mounting bracket busted I called KM and they said it was a user error and that it wouldn't be covered I would assume the same thing for your problem, but I would call KM seeing that it is a 1-800 number and ask if they can get you an estimate on the cost. Hope this helps.
Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 12:51 PM   #5

My rough guess would be around 200$, considering the time to replace the case. But they probably send you another replacement camera . I would go toa KM dealer (store) to have a quotation.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 2:20 PM   #6

That sucks. I could probably get a used Z2 on eBay for not much more. Guess I'll just live with the tape.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:12 AM   #7

Or you could get a used z-1 off ebay for not much its the same case
BionicJcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 5:02 PM   #8

I am in the same boat as you. After the incident I took my Z2 into a local camera shop and parts were $130, labor was $100.. I decided to stick with the tape method as well. I wonder if it is possible just to order the parts and DIY?? I sent an email to KM with no response. This was 6 months ago. If there is any consolation you are not alone in your misfortune.
FastangLX is offline   Reply With Quote