Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 9, 2005, 5:40 PM   #1

:? I've recently begun to see horizontal distortion lines in my digital images.....It seems to happen at all setting and quality sizes.....could it be related to batteries, software?

It doesn't appear in all photos, but when it does, there seems to be a visible flickering or distortion on the camera itself which gets imbedded in the image.

I have a Minolta Dimage 7i. I'm a casual user, nothing fancy.

Thanks in advance

Joe
Attached Images

joetremper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2005, 5:57 PM   #2

not to be funny, but, IT'S BROKEN -> SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR !
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the update bernabeu.......has anyone else exprienced this, had it repaired......?

Just curious on cost, time required etc.......

Has anyone else ever seen this issue......I'm really curious what the root cause is....

Thanks again
Old May 9, 2005, 9:40 PM   #4

Presume that you have tried a different memory card ?

Barb
sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 8:02 AM   #5

The memory card is a brand new 1 gb card but I will swap it out today. I show about 50 pics yesterday and was unable torecreate the problem. Sometimes it is in every photo, and other times it doesn't show up at all.
Old May 10, 2005, 11:31 PM   #6

There are a number of problems in the d7 series cameras that can be caused by batteries and power supply problems. This may be one of them. If you have more than one set of batteries, (don't we all?) you might try keeping track of which set is in use when you have the problem. Also consider temperature, and length of time camera has been in use. If you are unable to resolve it yourself, this information can be useful to the technician who repairs it.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 6:58 AM   #7

Thanks VT - I've thought that it may be the batteries and will keep tack of it from here on forward. It wold be great if it were as easy as simply replacing the batteries.......
Old May 11, 2005, 10:05 PM   #8

I have had something similar - it only happens in bright direct light. I get some vertical light lines, but strangely once I press the shutter they don't appear on the image. The do however slightly appear on video. I think it is a light tolerance sort of thing in my case - I don't have a problem at all with it. If it spoilt any pictures I'd be back to the shop straight away.
Edit - Ahh just logged in and seen yours, no mine are not like that - take yours to get repaired. (sorry)
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 7:07 AM   #9
pcb

to:Geoff Chandler

Maybe it'sblooming. You can see on a display but the photos are OK. T.

pcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 12:08 PM   #10

I had a similar problem with my A1. I had to send it in for repair. The good news is my A1 was still under warranty at the time and they did eventually fix it. The bad news was I had to send it in TWICE before they fixed the problem (even though I clearly described it in the paperwork I sent with it). Their repair group will do a routine clean and adjust and send it back without checking to see if they fixed the problem. I have heard others complain about this as well. It left me without my camera for a total of over two months (since each time took several weeks to get back).
GOOD LUCK!
cdarm is offline   Reply With Quote