Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 9, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1

Hello everyone. My A200 just arrived today and I have taken maybe 20 pics so far. I really do love the camera, but on the LCD display, I am seeing I guess you can call them 2 dead spots? They are 2 very small blue dots in different parts of the screen that do not display the image coming through the lens. The actual images are fine when viewed on my computer, so I know it's just the LCD.

They are minor, but at he same time they kind of bother me. Is this a faulty LCD, or can I expect this again? This is my third digicam and have not experienced this before. Wondering if I should go through the agrivation of sending it back to KM.

Anyone else experience this? I apologize if this has been posted before, but I did several searches and came up with nothing.

Thanks for you help.

105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2005, 2:44 AM   #2

There was a long, long thread on another forum about this, a user was complaining bitterly about the same thing. To cut a long story short it turned out that all she needed have done was to (gently but thoroughly) clean the surface of the LCD.

I'm not saying this is your problem, it may be a fault, but it's certainly worth trying first of all.

Good luck with it. This sort of thing, even though it's almost insignificant, can be worrying!

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 7:52 AM   #3

Thanks Frank, I cleaned it a few times with a LCD cleaning kit but with no luck. The problem seems to be getting worse as there are now 4 dots in different areas. I will send it in and see how it goes. Thanks again.
Old May 10, 2005, 4:08 PM   #4

Just a quick update...I purchased the A200 from Butterfly Photo, and when I called to explain the problem, they agreed to an exchange, so no need to go through KM repair. I should be getting my replacement by the end of the week.

Anyone interested in purchasing the A200, I would highly recommend Butterfly Photo. Very good price and good customer service.