Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 21, 2005, 9:44 PM   #1

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a brand new KM A200 and I was quite happy with it. However, starting from the beginning I am getting some strange messages from the system. It started from the beginning but now it hapens very often. AfterI take several pictures I am getting this "system error" and the camera is switched off automatically. I do not know what is going on here since there is still a lot of free space on the card. I am using my ByteStore CompactFlash card with 512MB capacity.

Is this a serious problem with the camera? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pshemek
pshemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2005, 4:07 AM   #2
stk

Never seen this on my A200.

Before I got my A200, I had a Fuji 7000 and it kept locking up when reading theCF card, even after changing the CF card. I quickly took it back and switched to the A200 instead.

Sounds serious to me and I would take it back to the shop and get it checked.

Cheers
Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 4:55 AM   #3

Try to change your CF card first (try also to re-format the card)... if it doesn't help have your camera checked... or replaced as Steve suggested.

I haven't any troubles with my A200 so far (using Kingston cards).

maros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 9:03 AM   #4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!!

The problems occurs only when I try t use the preview of the images on the camera, so hopefully there is nothing serious with it and just the card is not working properly. The problem is also occuring when I want to transfer the pics from the camera to the laptop -> some of the pictures are lost and I cannot see them with the internet explorer.

Any further ideas?

Thanks a lot, guys.

Pshemek
Old May 23, 2005, 8:27 AM   #5

The A200 shuts down the lcd, then itself if it senses the battery is low. Double check that the battery is fully charged.

Best, Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 1:01 AM   #6

Perhaps try KM customer support. I don't know where you are, but in Europe the email and other contact details for various countries are on page:

http://www.konicaminoltaeurope.com/contact/
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 8:59 AM   #7

Since digicams have as much in common with computers as with chemical cameras, try the same thing you would do with a strange acting PC: Reboot. Take out the batteries and leave them out untill the camera loses the date/time. That should reset it to the factory defaults and *might* solve your problem.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 5:17 PM   #8

I also get this error. I changed the memory card, but it has started to do it with this new memory card now as well.

It seems to occur as the camera is writing to the card. The write light is flickering.

Did you get anywhere?

Gareth
Agrajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 8:22 PM   #9

Now it has disappeared.
I was using the RAW format of the pictures and the problem was that I was trying to turn off the camera while it was still writing to the card. After that I have formatted the CF card and enjoy my camera without any disruption.

Cheers

Pshemek
Old May 28, 2005, 8:27 PM   #10

pshemek & Gareth,

I am also getting the "system error" problem with my A200. After some experimentation, I believe it only happens when I depress the shutter button _while_ the camera is writing to a card. I was shooting some RAW exposures and wasn't paying attention to the extended write time . . . just trying to take the next shot and the "system error" kept coming up. Then the camera would shut down.

Are these circumstances similar to yours? If this is some sort of safeguard, you'd think there would be a less annoying way to accomplish it. On the other hand, maybe something is genuinely wrong?

Someone suggested leaving the battery out until the camera resets. Any idea how long that would be? I've had it out for 24 hours and it's testing my will power. :-)

-Adam
Adam_Huff is offline   Reply With Quote