Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 28, 2002, 2:15 AM   #1

Default PROBLEM - Mac OS X 10.2x and DiMAGE Viewer 2.10

This topic may have been covered before, I apologize if it has.

The DiMAGE Viewer 2.10 software does not work on my Mac running 10.2 (Jaguar). It launches okay, but if you try to select a folder is says, "Processing, Loading..." then it quits.

Are there any other Mac OS X users out there having the same problem? Any knowledge of a software change to handle this from Minolta? I have asked the question to Minolta via there support web page. I'll post any response I get from them.

Thanks,

Rob
rsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2003, 3:49 AM   #2

You shouldn't need to use the Dimage software to view your pictures with OS X, when you plug your camera in it should bring up iPhoto and they can be imported there or just copy them to disk and then edit them.

Denis
dionysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 5:43 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've been getting along fine without the viewer. I just thought it would be nice to mess with RAW files some day. To my knowledge, the viewer is the only way on a Mac to open a RAW file.
-=-
I sent an email to Minolta inquiring about this issue, see below for that letter and response from Minolta. They did not answer my questions! I already new what they responded with.

"Dear Customer,
In response to the question that you have submitted...

Question is : The DiMAGE Viewer 2.10 software does not work on my system, Mac OS X version 10.2.3. The application launches okay, but when a folder is selected the program says it`s `Processing/Loading...` then the program quits. This happens every time. Is this a known issue and if so, are there plans to release a new version of the DiMAGE Viewer for Mac OS X? If so, what`s the estimated availability date?

Answer is : Sorry the DiMAGE Viewer is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.3."

I'm just going to drop it for now, maybe someday when a new camera comes out they'll have to address the issue.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 8:32 AM   #4
NHL

rsrock

There's a plug-in (.bin) that allow you to open the Minolta raw file directly from photoshop...

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...&highlight=mrw
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 3:46 AM   #5

Thanks for pointing out the plug-in, but I cannot find the plug-in that you are referring to. Is it "mrw.8bi?" I searched for it without any luck. Please help.

Thanks,