Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 26, 2005, 7:46 PM   #1

I run across a link that sells lens caps for different makes of camera's..

I lost the link for it. Hope someone knows of some links for this.

As, you know the A-200 comes with no way to attach the cap to the strap

so you don't miss place it.

Thanks,

B

sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 4:07 AM   #2

Try the following site.

http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/snapon.html

I've found that only dedicated camera shops sell lens cap of the appropriate size.

I was so paranoid about losing the supplied lens cap that the first thing I did after getting the camera was to go to the nearest Drug store (Longs) and their camera section and look for a lens cap attachment gizmo ($1.50). Haven't lost the cap yet...

I just noticed that you can get the lens cap attachment gixmo at the same site above for $1.43. I've used these folks several times with success and they use USPS which cuts the shipping cost considerably.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 6:12 AM   #3

Here is an alternative site. It shows for the A2, but as you have the same size lens as that and the markings only read Konica Minolta, (brand but not model specific) it should be fine.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID20255...6nbsp%3Bsearch

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 12:30 PM   #4

Many Thanks to you guys for the input..

Hope you have a very nice long weekend. Be careful.

B
Old May 27, 2005, 12:30 PM   #5

Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:21 AM   #6

I have always been paranoid about losing lens caps and the lens cap string gizmo is always my first accessory purchase (I also keep a spare at home).

Although these have always worked well for me in the past with a wide range of cameras, I found myself in the Amazon this year with a lens cap falling into the undergrowth. I managed to retrieve the cap with all limbs intact. The sticky bit of the gizmo had detached from the lens cap. I purchased some glue and stuck it back on at the first opportunity but this also detached after a few hours. Maybe it was the heat or the humidity. I finally made the repair as follows: I made a small hole in the corner of the lens cap at the juncture of the protective disc and the rim with a safety pin, enlarged it just a little with one of my penknife gizmos, cut the offending stick-on off the lens cap gizmo string, threaded the string through the hole and then tied a small knot so that it would not slip back. I will be making this upgrade to all my lenscaps from now on.
bacs57 is offline   Reply With Quote