Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 28, 2005, 7:31 PM   #21

A-lex wrote:
Quote:
Heh

There is a russian magazine, they tested Panasonic lc1 vs. Dimage A200. Rescale of panasonics 5MP picture to 8MPshowed the same details, as A200 does... So thisis all about lenses, nothing more.

I seriously doubt about such test... actually I'm going to take two similar pictures maybe from dcresource.com or from other site and resample panasonic piture and see what it would look like. But I think that it wouldn't represent same amount of details as A200.

I believe that issue you're experiencing isn't in lens, but rather in the size of the CCD sensor... I also never seen good pictures from any camera when they are displayed 1:1 if anyone know such camera please let me know about it.

Nols, can you tell what dSLR you've got? does it Konica-Minolta brand or after experience with Z3 you decide to look at competitors offers?
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:35 AM   #22

Hi Dennis. Decided to go with the Pentax *istDs - same sensor as the Nikon D70, grreat ergonomics, runs on AA batteries, and uses SD cards. I have no problem with getting the Minolta Maxxum 7D except that it's almost twice the Pentax in terms of size and price (atleast here). If you're interested, I posted my inital impressions here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

I have to tell you though, no way am I going to shoot any lightning or moon pics with the Ds anytime soon.

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:15 AM   #23

Finally I found my way to get really nice pictures out of my KM A200 so I can't really call it a disappointment any more!!!!!!!!!If ISO ist set to 50 or 100 and sharpening is set to "soft', results are very nice even when viewed at 1:1. Despite pictures look a bit soft, they (subject) have very clean and smooth edges and sharpen upÂ* well later in Photoshop. I still think that the noise at higher ISO setting and low quality in-camera sharpeningÂ* is the biggest problem of KM A200 and not the lens. I also boosted contrast and saturation and can't complain any more. A200 is a really nice camera.
maros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:47 AM   #24

Nols wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dennis. Decided to go with the Pentax *istDs - same sensor as the Nikon D70, grreat ergonomics, runs on AA batteries, and uses SD cards. I have no problem with getting the Minolta Maxxum 7D except that it's almost twice the Pentax in terms of size and price (atleast here). If you're interested, I posted my inital impressions here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

I have to tell you though, no way am I going to shoot any lightning or moon pics with the Ds anytime soon.

Nols
Congratulations with a new camera, Nols! I've also seen *iesDs and find it very attractive camera, the only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have Image Stabilization :-\ What about moon and lightning shots what's wrong with Pentax that it doesn't let you to do such kind of shots?
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:54 PM   #25

Hi Dennis. Well, to geta half-decent moonshot, I now know that I need atleast a 300mm zoom lens which I currently can't afford (still paying for the Ds). As for lightning pics, I probably told you before that I used progressive capture in the Z3? That's right - no progressive capture on the Ds. It has continuous shooting mode but not as fast as the Z3's and with larger image files, you can run out memory really fast.

It's still possible to take a lightning shot using prolonged exposure (I've seen a pic)but it's going to take a lot to set up(Sturdy tripod, good location, rain protection for the camera). Why bother when I still have the Z3?

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote