Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 30, 2005, 3:46 AM   #1

Hello! I just purchased a Dimage A2 camera 16 days ago, and have loved learning to use it....all of it's features...etc. This afternoon, I was at a friend's house for a BBQ, (perfect weather) having a great time showing off my new camera...camera was working FINE...and suddenly....the EVF stopped working!Everything else seems to be working fine..LCD....etc. The EVFsensors still work when I go to lookinto it (LCD goes off) but EVF doesnt come on! I will be returning the camera tomorrow, unfortunately, but was wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem with their A2.I dont know if I have a LEMON...or if this has happened to others? Thanks!

PS- I removed battery...replaced it with another one....reset camera itself...and EVF still doesnt come on.

radcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 2:36 PM   #2

Sorry to hear of your problem. There is one thing you can look at, although this may be an outside chance, but check you haven't accidently moved the LCD/EVF switch down to the LCD only setting. In this mode it will not switch on the EVF with the sensor. I have done this myself a couple of times and thought my A2 was broken.

Best of luck with it.

Stevekin.

EDIT: Just realised you may have sent it back by now as nobody responded sooner. Let us know how you got on.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:19 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply Steve...I did make sure I hadnt moved the switch to "LCD only"...unfortunately that didnt work. What I SHOULD HAVE mentioned originally,is that this A2 I bought was a DEMO at Good Guys Electronics Store! For all I know, this camera was almost a year old, and had been handled (orrr mishandled!) by who knows how many "grubby hands"! I was ecstatic to find it, knowing how "few and far between" they seem to be now. I really enjoyed it for the 2 weeks I had it, and was able to get some nice photos of Yosemite National Park with it the first week I had it. I was able to return it and get a FULL refund...and might have bought another one had I been able to find one......but....I found a BRAND NEW Olympus C-8080 at the Best Buy right in my town....for....believe it, or not...$479...less than what I paid for my 4 year old (2.1 mega-pix) Olympus C-2040Z! I like my new C-8080, so far....but liked the A2 also! Again...thanks for your reply, Steve! Randy
radcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:09 AM   #4

Hi Randy.

Sorry you couldn't find another A2. I've had mine about a year now and had no problems at all, and while I love this camera and would highly recommend it, you won't go far wrong with the C8080. It's more than a capable camera, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Of course, you miss out on a few of the bells and whistles that the A2 has, but what the C8080 does, it does it very well. Some would argue even better than the A2. I'm just beginning to have a go at Macro shooting and find the A2 to be not that good at it, (might just be me), but I understand the C8080 is very good at it. You can also get a teleconverter to make up for the shorter focal length.

I'm sure you have already researched this camera but have a look at this glowing review and you will realise that, unfortunate as it was that you missed out on an A2, you haven't really lost out.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C8080/C88A12.HTM

Enjoy.

Steve.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote