Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 27, 2002, 8:14 AM   #11
NHL

anteater

I'm OK with every thing you said, as well as fair debates, or in depth discussions. I also believe that every D7(i) owners, I've spoken to are well aware of the strenght/weakness of the camera, just as I'm sure they have considered the D7i superior features set over its competition before making their buying decision.

What I didn't agree about the 1st poster was that he torpedoed the D7i right of the bat by focusing on one *marginally* weak point without any data or pictures (which he should have shared with us like Padeye has asked), especially if his work is regularly displayed and recognized by the county, to back his findings... To top it off he's ignoring every other D7i's qualities that make this camera desirable over the competition, and then he followed up by all the untrue statements about the microdrive which I have used for about a year now (which is also the competion major weakness!).

The fact of the matter is if any one can find the D7i for $750, the statement below is all the more convincing:
"... - but the superficial buzz about it has indeed sent me looking for an alternative to the 7i. For $1000 or less their simply isn't one. Nothing compares. So for those of you complaining about this and that, especially those of you using Phil's review to back up your arguments - learn to understand what you're reading before you start trying to influence other people's opinions..."

... and you've wondered about the noise problem yourself: "I checked out some pictures online from the Nikon 5700 beta and the Sony F707 for comparison. Yes. Red-channel in blue skies is visible in those photos, too. Is this a common fault with 5-mpx cameras?...", perhaps is it because they all shared the same Sony's CCD?

[Edited on 6-27-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2002, 9:00 AM   #12
NHL

What noise?

[Edited on 6-27-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2002, 6:54 AM   #13

Default Noise

Maybe have a look here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...ad.php?tid=623
fotograafdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2002, 6:41 PM   #14

Default huh?

The noise level on the D7i is phenominally bad,

strange, cause i've found my point and shoot pics to be reliably noise free unless on iso 400 and 800 - now that is noise

the metering system is very poor,

I've found the metering system to behave as well as my wifes canon eos slr

the software is very slow, and the image sharpness is very poor. The macro is weak again in comparison - 8" vs. 2".

12" at 200mm zoom vs 2" at 33mm zoom! seems pretty even to me and easier to not scare the little bugs you are macroing lol

All this in comparison to a simple Casio 3500ex. The camera is being returned asap. : Picture taking should be fun not work trying to fix everything with software. [/quote]

[Edited on 30/6/2002 by ukbuckeye]
ukbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2002, 10:15 PM   #15

i think you either have a really bad camera and should return it immediately or there are some personal issues involved here. i have one (7i) for 3 weeks now and have put out substantially better output then any non true slr digicam out right now. contact minolta they will want to hear about it. this has been one really fun camera for me
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote