Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 11, 2005, 3:37 PM   #1

Hey guys

Iown aDimage Z 20 and today, while I was taking some

pictures the LCD screen just closed, and now i can't open it.

Please tell me what to do.

thanks.
Diman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:37 AM   #2

Hi Diman

I bought the Z10 yesterday and this morning the the LCD screen also just locked up.

How did you resolve the problem ?

Cheers
Reinier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:04 PM   #3

Hey, I also own a dimage z20 and have the same problem... I recieved the camera in the mail and that same night the LCD screen locked up on me. Now I can only see through the viewfinder... even when the viewing maode switch is set toLCD,I can only see through the viewfinder.I sat there for houres trying to mess with settings to get it to open but had no luck.... have you guys resolved your issue?

- Martin
mgarcia8521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:49 AM   #4

Sounds like you guys are having problems with the Switch Finder. I would contact Konica Minolta and they will most likely tell you to send the camera in for repair. When these displays were first brought about, we were worried that there would be problems with them. More moving parts = more chanceofsomething breaking. You can see howit works bygoing to the Features & Controls page of Steve's Z1, Z10 or Z20 (link below)review.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...s/z20_pg2.html
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:51 PM   #5

Hey, guess what?My camera works again. What I mean is... the first time this

happened tome I was taking a picture in low light. Then one day while i was messing

with the camera I strated taking pics in low light again, well... that time the lcd

screen just opened up. I wanted to know what it was thatI had done worng soI

attempted eto take more pics in low light and the lcd screen froze up again.... then

last night asI was taking more pics in low light it decided to open again. Like you

guys said, it is probly a mechanical issue andI do plan on sending it in. Since this

happened as soon asI pulled it out of the box,I am a little scared of keeping this

camera.... what do you guysfeel about this camera... is it a good camera or ehh?

- Martin
Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:03 PM   #6

I think it's a good camera to start out with and to get a grips with photography. Not too complicated, and not too stripped.

Before I got my A200, I used my Z10 a lot....nowadays it's mainly used when I need that extra reach.
Particle_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:04 AM   #7

Diman wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys

Iown aDimage Z 20 and today, while I was taking some

pictures the LCD screen just closed, and now i can't open it.

Please tell me what to do.

thanks.
Diman,

I also have Z20 which my friend gave me a few days ago. While using the camera, the LCD screen also closed and up to now I can't find a remedy to my problem. Please help me regarding this.

Thanks
rpviado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:38 AM   #8

hmm... i dont know if i can help you out 100%... but i had trouble with this while taking pics through the viewfinder in low light.... thats when the lcd would lock up. I "solved" this by messing around taking pics again in low light with no flash... took a couple of days but it finally opened... hope that helps a little bit...
Old Aug 8, 2005, 8:35 AM   #9

Thanks for the information.
rpviado is offline   Reply With Quote