Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:53 PM   #1

Does anyone know anything about this camera? Any reviews? (location please). How does it compare to the Dimage G400?

Thanks, I have seen this camera and am considering buying it, but can't find much info on it at all!
az5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:54 PM   #2

I've had my G500 for nearly a year now. I love it. It's small enough to carry in my pocket, I can whip it out and in a few seconds snap a picture or two or three. I bought an extra battery, but have little use for it, since I can fill a 512 megabit memory card on one charge and if the battery needs recharging, it can be done in about two hours.

It takes great distant shots as well as great closeups. I'll try to upload a few examples. I'm proud of the pictures I've taken.

If this works, it is a closeup of a zinnia bloom with my handheld G500.

Wiz
Attached Images

Wizard1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:57 PM   #3

Here is another shot taken, closeup, of a bug on my arm. I was in the waiting room at a doctor's office waiting for my wife when this bug landed on my arm. I fired up the G500, set it for closeup with flash and shot him.

This has been cropped, but no other enhancements. Notice the detail of the bug; pay no attention to my arm!

Wiz
Attached Images

Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:02 PM   #4

Sorry!

Looks like I need to clean my bifocals. I misread your topic line and when I read the note, you wanted it compared to the G400. I leaped to the conclusion that you were asking about the G500.

Anyway, I love the G500 as well as my A200.

Wiz
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:50 AM   #5

Does anybody have some feedback about Minolta Dimage E500 ?
shivp_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:17 AM   #6

just bought it today for my cousin... look fine.. with a tight budget.. only got choice in either sony s40, nikon 4600.. i go for E500 since if offer 2 inch lcd review and use sd card.. and movie with sound recording.. about the picture quality..

as i'm not the expert.. point n' shoot user only.. print some 4r size and it look ok..

ganz is offline   Reply With Quote