Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:21 AM   #1

Default Binji7's wireless remote

Hello, Has anyone out there been brave enough to try and build Binji7's wireless remote?? I want to dive in and build it in the worst way, but am afraid to try it without at least talking to someone who has done it. I just don't know if my old, oxygen - lacking brain is capable of it. Like, if I get all of the parts, will I be able to identify them and get them all soldered in the right places? Any help out there???
Thanks,
Dave
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:24 PM   #2

Just finished building one. Had to convert to DIPs with 100-mil pin spacing because we couldn't find any readily-available prototype boards with 50-mil spacing to accommodate the SOIC parts specified in the write-up. Also, the write-up seems to refer to a different flip-flop than the one specified. We used a 74AC112 flip-flop, but had to re-do the pin assignments to achieve the intended functionality. When that was done, all was well.

Made the connector that mates with the camera out of a 4-pin connector scrounged from a universal CD-ROM cable. Cut off one pin position with a hobby knife, filed the housing to fit in the camera hole, and then filed a notch to match the key in the camera. Time consuming, but then you wouldn't be doing this if you weren't prepared to invest some time.

Put the whole thing in a plastic case about 2.5x4.25x0.75 inch (inside dimensions). Looped a 9-inch antenna wire around the inside of the case. With this much-less-than-optimum antenna arrangement, the useful range is about 40 feet.

More testing remains to be done.
AllenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 6:17 AM   #3

I'm glad someone other than myself had the time to build one!!!! I have circuit boards made that will make construction A LOT EASIER!!! I just have had NO TIME to even build one with the circuit boards and take any pics of the unit.

I will be offering circuit boards for sale (and possibly pre-built kits) very soon. I know circuit board pricing will be $11.00 plus a few bucks shipping and handling. Have'nt really gone through the complete numbers for pre-built kits.

A pre-built kit has most of the components installed, but you still have to install 1 or 2 for the unit to be functional. This kinda allows me to get around having FCC testing and all. If you are interested please reply to my e-mail and I'll get one ready for u!!!

I figured u would get about that range with an internal 'loop antenna' so I kinda have provisions to use a retractable antenna to increase range. I also used a 74AC112 but in the original schematic I posted I screwed up the pin assignments (my fault , I'll fix soon). Good thing my circuit boards I made used the coreect pin out.............
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2003, 10:05 PM   #4

Default RF Remote Pics - D7-RF1

So sorry I don't have pics of assembled units because I been sick with the flu. I hope to have pics of assembled units end of next week and units for sale start of FEB.

Check out the link

http://home.neo.rr.com/keystar/D7-RF1_pics.htm

Please let me know what u think.....
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote