Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:54 PM   #1

HI GUYS,

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONCRETE REVIEW OR OPINION ABOUTTHE NEW KONICA MINOLTA E 500. ITS BRAND NEW TO THE MARKET AND AM TRYING TO GET IT BUT HAVENT FOUND ANY CONVINCING ADVICE ABOUT IT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CAMERA IF IT HAS MANUAL FEATURES?
jbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:04 PM   #2

It would be helpful if you told us what camera you are referring to.
carrollhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:37 PM   #3

There doesn't seem to be any reviews as yet.

Neither does the camera offer much in the way of manual operation. If you haven't already, check the specs here, http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...Specifications

Oneowners quick opinion here, http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7593-0....sageID=1277294

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:23 PM   #4

Check out the Pentax Optio 50 (not the older S50). The Pentax Optio 50 and the KM E500 seem to be almost identical cameras.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 9:02 AM   #5

A friend of mine is looking for a 5 mp camera in the $200 dollar range and I saw the E500's specs....but no reviews. So far, the Olympus D-595 Zoom seems to be the best inexpensive 5 megapixel specs/review I've read in this range..but I'm curious how the Dimage E500 compares. It does have a larger display screen, 2" versus 1.8" on the Olympus.

-David
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:30 PM   #6
Administrator

jbenjamin wrote:
Quote:
HI GUYS,

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONCRETE REVIEW OR OPINION ABOUTTHE NEW KONICA MINOLTA E 500. ITS BRAND NEW TO THE MARKET AND AM TRYING TO GET IT BUT HAVENT FOUND ANY CONVINCING ADVICE ABOUT IT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CAMERA IF IT HAS MANUAL FEATURES?

We asked KM to send us one for review. Their response was that it would be in very limited distribution in N. America. Not sure if we will ever get one or not, sorry.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:29 PM   #7

The Pentax Optio S50 got a pretty bad review for image quality from Steve's DigiCams. I'm assuming the Optio 50 fared better?
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote