Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:25 AM   #1

I had to send in a DiMage 7hi in for repair. The camera shuts down early when there is plenty of battery voltage left. I tried 2 other sets of batteries and even tested the cells under load and all were over 1.15v each.
Anyway, it started to happen UNDER warranty, but it wasn't that bad. I procrastinated and now it's out of warranty. Apparently, they have a blanket $200 change (plus handling' and tax that I wasn't too happy with). I called and ask if someone could give me 'some slack' with the charge. She (not service) offered a 15% discount. Not what I was looking for, but better than nothing I guess. I told her I would take a rain check, but wanted to talk to someone actually from service (they won't tell you their direct number) and was given a escalated status' with a ref. number (I guess now I'm more important).
Will post any updates.

I just thought I would pass that along.
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:04 AM   #2

You had aproblem with your camera.
You waited until AFTER it went out of warranty to have it repaired.
Minolta won't fix it under warranty.
Now you are miffed.

So what's the problem?

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:36 AM   #3

The problem wasn't that bad IN warrenty. Not enough to send it back.
It didn't really start getting bad until the end of the warrenty (of course) and up to the present/
I don't use the camera much, maybe once every two months or less.
I really wasn't expecting them to cover ALL of it, but at least part of it as it stands.

NO I'm am not "miffed"! I stated the situation for others that have to send their cameras in and what they offered me for imformation. You mis-read my post!
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:54 AM   #4

Videobruce,

I understand when you say the problem wasn't that bad while still under warranty, as the loss of your camera for (potentially) weeks or months can deter the best of us if the fault seems minor.

Perhaps if you made them aware of the fault prior to the warranty ending, they might have been more forthcoming with a reduction in the repair bill. Not castigating you for not doing so, just pointing out to others it may be a good idea. The last thing you need right now is to be told, "you should have....."

Not having a dig at you Declan, I have the benefit of seeing the follow up post and Videobruce's explanation.

I think your posting this information is a good thing, to make others aware of potential problems if they procrastinate.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:56 AM   #5

I talked to a 'real' service man and asked what he could do for me with this situation explaining I wasn't expecting Minolta to pick up the full tab.
He offered 30% off the total. I accepted.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease................
Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:12 PM   #6

Let that be a lesson to others. Do not procrastinate, or that minor fault could, and probably will, become a bigger one.

Secondly, if you don't ask, you won't get . Nearly a third of your money is better in your pocket than anyone elses.

Hope you get your camera sorted out.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote