Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:20 AM   #1

I just returned from a few days in Seoul where I took loads of pictures with my A200. Too many to post here, so please visit my website at http://megandsimon.co.uk/seoul.htm

If you want to check what settings I used for a picture, simply right click on it, save it to your desktop or somewhere, then right click the saved file, click properties, then summary, then advanced and you should see all the details.

A lot of the pictures had to be taken during the middle of the day thus it was difficult getting good exposures of buildings etc - lots of burned out skies and roofs, but I couldn't overcome it so just opted to shoot with the subject correctly exposed and to crop out a lot of the sky.

Enjoy!
simonknutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:06 PM   #2

Simonknutson,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Blown out skies has been one of the challenges that have frustrated me with my A200 as well. Using the sun shade, using a polarizing filter, using shade exposure where appropriate,and slightly underexposing all help -- but I've been embarassed when colleagues PS cameras show beautiful blue skies and great foreground detail while the A200had a blown out sky when we shot the same scene. On the other hand, I've begun noticing how many "professional" photos have blownout skies too and if you want me to give up my A200 you'll have to pry it out of my dead hands...

Best, Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:45 AM   #3

I wouldn't like to have to pick a winner out of those shots, an excellent collection and so very well presented on a well-designed website. Thanks, Simon.

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:55 AM   #4

Thank you both for taking the time to comment.

On the subject of blown out skies etc, I just looked at the pictures one of my collegues took on the same trip using a 3MP Fuji S3000. At first glance I was shocked to see that his pictures appeared much brighter and more saturated with colour, while skies weren't so blown out as mine. However, on closer comparison I concluded that infact the P&S pictures seem noticably artificially saturated and coloured, and that the shots taken with my A200 were much more representative of the true colours and textures actually present, even though these may not appear so spectacular. I guess we can't complain if the camera is delivering true-to-life representations!

Simon
simonknutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 3:43 PM   #5

You are absolutely right - I have had to turn down the steroids on my Olympus P&S. If you want to get that effect on the A-200 you can, but why? I love it for the same reasons as you - the true to life realistic pics it takes.
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote