Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 15, 2003, 7:09 PM   #1

Default Minolta 7i - viewing images on your TV

I recently discovered that if you edit a digital image on your PC, i.e. as simple as rotating a photo 90deg, and copy the image back to the 7i, that you can no longer view that image on a television from the 7i. I found this out at a friend's one night when I copied some photos to my 7i so that i could give them a quick "slide show" on their TV. Nothing but black. The images were there on the CF because I could view them when I attached the camera to my PC.

I called Minolta technical support and got the ol' "unsupported funtion" line, with no explanation. I experiemented and copied unmodified images from the 7i to my PC and back. These will view fine on the TV.

Does anyone know what I could do differently to make it work ? I thought this would be a handy feature to have. I was looking forward to using my 7i as a "projector".
Miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2003, 8:47 PM   #2

What software did you use to make the edits? If you used a software that does not preserver EXIF info, that very well may be the problem.

Try the same thing with the Dimage Viewer utility and u may be in luck!!!
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 9:45 PM   #3

Default Viewing pictures on TV

Thanks for the thought. However, I tried this using the Dimage viewer as well as other editing programs.
Miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 11:12 PM   #4

Sorry. From all the posts I've seen, any edit with any software will make the photo non-viewable when reloaded to the camera.
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote