Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:00 PM   #1

I recently updated my A200. Before that I was very satisfied with the quality of its pictures.
Now the question : is it possible that after the firmware update pictures are better?
It sounds strange also to me but I can (or I want to) see an improvement in the use of colors (not mentioned in the update.

Bye,
Andrea
andreac75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2005, 7:12 AM   #2

I have not noted color improvement. I have noted an improvement in focus times and accuracy. Others have mentioned that these observations of improvement may be a "halo effect" one thing is fixed and other things seem to be better.

Duno,i since I didn't have the presence of mind to do do some test shots before and after.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 7:42 PM   #3

Should I try a firmware update??
I am happy with my A-200 .. is it best left working OK
Also - how do you do a firmware update?? & Does it cost?
If it costs and if there is any doubt I will leave well alone as I am more than impressed with mine.
Geoff
(A-200 & C-740)
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:02 PM   #4

There is no charge for ther firmware update. Just download it from your respective country site and follow the instructions. Basically, you just load the update on a blank CF card and insert the card in the camera. The camera takes care of the rest.

This is a link to the instructions:

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...allation_Guide
djwittmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:54 PM   #5

You should always update firmware (or computer device drivers for that matter). Newer software (firmware/drivers) almost always fix or upgrade existing hardware to better, faster or more usable specs...

The only exception to this is Microsoft updates...they tend to use the world to Beta-test their updates for them. I turned of Automatic Updates & wait about 2 months after a released update before I'll add it to my system (after they've fixed all the major bugs).
Old Aug 14, 2005, 3:16 PM   #6

Aha - thanks everyone. The only last piece of the question is how do you update on a blank CF card - I only use the camera to download pics - do I require a card reader??
Old Aug 14, 2005, 10:37 PM   #7

No card reader required. The instructions tell you how to do it by connecting the camera to the computer. But ... follow the instructions carefully, especially with regard to having a fully charged battery and formatting the card 'in the camera'.

Dan
djwittmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:01 AM   #8

Got it. Thanks - and thanks for the warnig about the battery & card ~ makes sense when you think about it!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 6:33 AM   #9

Please let me know how it comes out. I just ordered an A200 a few hours ago online. I have not been too happy with my recent cameras. The A200 looks like a great camera and I thought I would give it a try. I bought an extra battery and a 2GB hitachi microdrive to go with it. i look foreward to getting some great shots with it.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote