Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:13 PM   #11
Administrator

P.S.

Compatibility Chart for A200
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:51 PM   #12

I tested the write times with the Elite Pro card and I got at most a write time of 15 seconds... in RAW+JPEG mode. It seems to be working just fine, so I'm calling my vendor tomorrow to try and get a replacement. The camera was shipped in a much larger box than the actual size of the product box with no real shipping material to speak of, so I think that it must have gotten damaged in transit.
Thanks for all your help!
mglukhovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:59 PM   #13
Administrator

mglukhovsky wrote:
Quote:
I tested the write times with the Elite Pro card and I got at most a write time of 15 seconds... in RAW+JPEG mode. It seems to be working just fine, so I'm calling my vendor tomorrow to try and get a replacement. The camera was shipped in a much larger box than the actual size of the product box with no real shipping material to speak of, so I think that it must have gotten damaged in transit.
Thanks for all your help!
If your write times are good, then it's probably not a card compatibility issue. I just wanted to make you aware that KM A series users have been reporting very poor performance fromKingston Elite Procards in most cases. Since nobody seems to know for sure what causes it, I didn't want to rule out your problem as being adefective/incompatible card.

You must have gotten a newer one (as I have seen a few recent reports showing Kingston Elite Pro cards to be just as fast in the A series cameras as competitor's cards).

Good Luck getting a fast replacement for your A200.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 3:45 PM   #14

Thanks for all your help and advice!
mglukhovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:16 AM   #15
stk

Hi

I agree it shouldn't be the card. I have a Kingston Elite Pro 1G and a Lexar 80x 1G and the Kingston is actually a bit faster in my A200 (they are both reasonably fast)

Hope the exchange goes OK.

Cheers
Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 6:09 AM   #16

I also have kingston elite pro CF, and never had such problems, of course I've never shoot thousand pictures in a row...

and speaking about speed.... this card is a bit slower than A-Data 66X. I've measured it's performance in card reader, and kingston elite pro should be ranked somewhere between 40X and 45X.

A-lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:06 AM   #17

Seeing those picture I would suspect a bad CCD! Returning it is the best thing at this juncture.
fslove is offline   Reply With Quote