Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:35 AM   #1

I have the Z3 and a 256mb panasonic SD memory card. Sometimes(like maybe 75% of the time) when I have this memory card iin I hit the button to turn on the camera, the light blinks and it makes a noise, but then it just stops and doesnt turn on. Then when I take the memory card out it turns itself on.

The camera turns on fine without the memory card in...

Does anyone know wat the problem is, and how to fix it, Im thinking it has to be a problem with the memory card, but I have done notin bad to it, never dropped it, or left it out in very hot/cold weather, etc.

Plz help, thnx =]
Dan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:55 AM   #2

Have you tried using another(new) memory card?

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:35 PM   #3

Yea, my 16mb car seemed to always work...

Well I reformatted the 256mb card and then updated my firmware for the camera. Now it seems to be fixed. If it acts up again ill leave a post.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:32 PM   #4

OK, well it kept acting upafter I made that post. but just yesterday I moved my camera to the other room at least 10 ft away from any eletronic item, and now it seems like its fine. It turns right on 1st try. So my conclusion is that if you store the card too close to your computer/eletronics it kinda messes it up. I had it like a few ft away before, but I guess that was to close.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:31 AM   #5

Hi,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I also have a Z3 and a 512 MB Sandisk . The camera is well protected against interference ( unless there is an EMP from a nuclear blast) so I do not think that the computer has something to do with the problem. Try using another memory with bigger capacity than the factory 16 MB that you tried . How old isyour 256mB card ? All flash memories (SD included ) wears out. They can also develop bad sectors just like harddisks and diskettes, it is proportional to the number of read write operations.
juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote