Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:38 PM   #1

Default Dimage 7i, cleaning the lens

Is there a way to remove the lens safely in the Minolta Dimage 7i in order to clean it. My camera has a white particle inside the lens.
Rualina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:55 PM   #2

NO - the lens is not removable, and you do not even want to think about trying to dismantle it.

If the speck is causing problems in your pictures, then I suggest returning the camera to Minolta. Otherwise you might just want to ignore it. Whether Minolta would 'fix' this under is warranty I don't know, but if they won't, I think the 'fix' would be expensive.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:44 PM   #3
NHL

Rualina

Is this more a comfort level with the white particle inside the lens rather than its picture quality? I doubt the particle is causing any problem since it's placement is so distant from the focal point.

I guess you just don't like to see the particle from the front of the camera right, but eventually just like any lens some dust will get through, and you'll have to clean it again!

Amazingthailand is right
Quote:
Otherwise you might just want to ignore it

Cheers
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 9:28 PM   #4

Thanks NHL and amazingthailand for your help. I really appreciate it!

So far, I havenīt noticed anything wrong in the pictures. But to be honest after I discovered "it" I havenīt taken as many pictures as in the past weeks...I feel disapointed...It is really annoying to see the particle there....I wish I had never seen it.

If you only knew all I have to do to bring the camera to my country (I had a friend buy it in the US and the bring it here in December)...and all I had to wait to finally have it, you would understand my frustration...
Rualina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2003, 2:38 PM   #5

first, make sure the spot is on lens, or on DVF, or on ccd.

either case, it is still under warranty.
zhu001 is offline   Reply With Quote