Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:39 PM   #1

Hi fellows. I have a question in mind and I think it might seem a bit silly but I'll be gladful if you spare your time for this though. So this isit: I have a dimage Z2 and as you know it can be used with a "ZWC-100 w wide-angle Lens Converter and adapter ring". And what I wonder is whether it is possible to reverse connect a 50 mm. SLR objective by using the adapter ring and a filter ring in order to get a close up lens. Is there anyone who has tried it before and if so is was the result satisfying? I mean is it worth the try because I don't have the adapter ring and I'll intend to buy it only for this kindo use. I should also note that I tried putting a reverse objective in front of the Z2 in telephoto mode and I really got some huge close up resulsts but there was too much vignette and it was extremely hard to get a clean focus because of the movement. But I thought it might bebecause of the low quality lens I have used and the constant movement of the unmounted objective. So what' your opinions.
***raVen*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:33 AM   #2

Hi Raven,

I didn't try the technique, but it's a great idea, think it should be possible. I've seen macrolenses for this camera at raynox.com that are also screwed on a converter. Hope to see someone giving it a try!

rgds,

Peter
MPW Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 4:07 PM   #3

Hi Peter. Thanx for the reply and the tip 'reynox.com'. I'll keep on searching. If I can make a succesfull try I'll inform you buddy.
***raVen*** is offline   Reply With Quote