Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:58 AM   #1

Hi !

I noticed that my pictures where somewhat blurry on the right side. I finally took a picture of my computer screen displaying some text. This is what I get (the camera was aligned with the screen. I downsized an compressed the image). The upper right corner seems out of focus.

Should I take it back, or is it the average quality you can expect from a 200 Euros camera ?

Any other user having similar problem ?

Thanks for any advice
Attached Images

b&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:47 AM   #2

I really don't think you can make this assessment based on a photo of your monitor.

Even if your display were perfectly flat, which it isn't, and it also appears to not be aligned correctly judging by the curvature of the text, it still wouldn't be a good test.

Does this happen with all of your photos ?

Try posting another, not of your monitor, even a blank wall. Then someone may have an answer to your problem, if in fact there is one. (Meaning if you only see it with a pic of your monitor).
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:40 PM   #3

Well, thanks for your suggestions. The monitor screen is an lcd : totally flat. The curvature is only due to the wide angle position of the camera, which is normal, although my other camera (a nikon coolpix 5400) has less curvature at a wider angle (equivalent to 32mm for the minolta e500, 28mm for the Nikon) and the image is perfectly focused all over the screen.

I have the same blurred images even with infinite focus. This image was just an example to show the problem, but if I take a picture of a subject (landscape or anything else)far away from the camera, the picture will be blurred exactly the same way on the right corner.

Maybe a lens misalignement ?

b&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:01 AM   #4

Well, I would suggest there is a problem with your camera. I wouldn't hazard a guess at the potential cause, but it shouldn't be recording images like this, even for a '200 euros' camera. Though it would certainly be helpful if other e500 owners came forward with their verdicts.

To maybe help with a better diagnosis, has this always been the case from new ? Is it a recent development ?

Although thinking about it, it doesn't really matter which. I would be inclined to return it anyway. If you haven't owned it for too long, then I would return it to the store/supplier.

In the meantime, I hope someone else chips in with their opinion.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote