Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:01 AM   #1

Please help I am a newbie, and while taking pictures last weekend of animals, a deer licked my lens, and now the autofocus won't lock -- I can only get a red box. I have cleaned the lens with fluid and the cloth that came with the camera and it hasn't helped.
flygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:46 AM   #2

Correction: The focus signal indicates that focus is locked, but the focus frame is a red box, instead of a white box. I am in auto mode.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 9:23 AM   #3

Hi,

Isn't it supposed to be red? It is on my Z3.

steve.
Steve 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:24 AM   #4
Administrator

flygirl1 wrote:
Quote:
Please help I am a newbie, and while taking pictures last weekend of animals, a deer licked my lens, and now the autofocus won't lock -- I can only get a red box. I have cleaned the lens with fluid and the cloth that came with the camera and it hasn't helped.
A red box *is* Autofocus Lock.

If you look at page 3 (record menu options) in the Konica-Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Review here,you'll see a photo of the screen showing how the box turns red when focus is locked, along with this comment:

Quote:
When you half-press the shutter release, the AF marks turn red and indicate the area in which will be focused.

If you scroll down further, you'll also see that your model has multiple Autofocus Modes, including a Continuous AF feature (and I don't know the behavior of the Focus in the viewfinder with it set that way, you'll need to try it).

But, it's highly unlikely that a deer licking your lens has anything to do with your Z5's behavior for showing and selecting the focus point in the display.

If the camera is behaving differently now (unlikely unless you changed something), try resetting it back to factory defaults. You'll see a menu choice for that, too (Setup, Reset Default).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:10 PM   #5

Thank you for explaining this! I am relieved to know this was my problem, not the cameras :lol:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"