Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 2, 2003, 3:54 PM   #1

Default RC-1000L and bulb exposures on D7

I have a Minolta RC-1000L and it works fine on all settings of the D7 except bulb. Does anyone have this problem or know the fix to control the shutter with the remote. When I click, it automatically opens the shutter for the 30 sec. max.

Can this remote be used to control the shutter for the amount of seconds I choose when using bulb?

Thanks for any help.

Chris
cvalcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2003, 5:58 PM   #2

Chris,
30 sec is the max duration of bulb exposure on D7/D7i/D7Hi, remote or not.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 9:16 AM   #3

Default bulb exposure with remote

understood that 30 sec. is max. Why can I NOT do anything under that with the RC-1000L remote? Everytime I click the remote, the shutter always stays open for the max.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 10:59 AM   #4

I own the D7i , and I know when you set the camera in manual , and set shutter speed to bulb, the shutter stays open as long as you hold the button - then it does it again with the actual camera shutter closed to remove 'dark noise'.

Maybe its a firmware issue? I thought I heard somewhere that when u check shutter speed during bulb exposures, that the correct time was not always given. I just can't remember where I heard that from.....
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 11:51 AM   #5
NHL

Binji7

Does it really stays open more than 30s on your D7i in bulb? How long have you try it to? There must be a limit somewhere... hours? because the camera has to take that 2nd shot for that equal amount of time somehow with the shutter close to remove like you say the "dark current noise". :?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 7:42 PM   #6

Default bulb exposure WITH REMOTE RC-1000L

OK, I know how do do bulb exposures and I know the max is 30 seconds. What I am asking is why can't I take a 3 or 8 or 12 or 24 second exposure with the remote. Everytime I use the remote, the shutter opens for 30 seconds. I want to click the remote and have it stay open until I release the button on the remote.

Does anyone have this problem or is my new remote faulty?

Thank you!
Old Feb 3, 2003, 8:55 PM   #7
NHL

cvalcik

Did you try with the shutter release first (ie without the RC-1000L)? Does it take as long as you hold the shutter down in bulb (ie, 8s, 12s, and 24s)? My camera does...

The remote should do the same with its two set of contacts... KCan, Benji7 any idea? Otherwise we could have a faulty remote here, but I don't have an RC-1000 to try :?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:59 AM   #8

I have checked this on my D7i, and the camera on bulb mode operates as expected (as long as you hold the shutter , plus the equal noise subtract time) , and either with the shutter button or with my (home made) remote switch.

Chris, I suspect that your remote switch could be defective and stick “closed” for a long time ( over 30 sec) each time you depressed it . Check it with an ohmmeter ( if it’s a just dry contact inside )
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:43 PM   #9

To NHL

So sorry for the confusion. The shutter stays open for as long as I hold the shutter button UP TO THE MAX. 30 SEC....
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2003, 4:49 PM   #10

Chris,

The RC-1000's are known for being unreliable. If your camera works correctly in bulb setting with the camera's shutter release button, then the remote is probably faulty. I assume that you know that the remote has a lock setting and that you're not accidentally locking the button down.

Jim
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote