Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 3, 2003, 4:23 PM   #1

Default Minolta DSLR with Maxxum lenses

I have a few maxxum lenses and take both film and digital photos, using nikon digital (5700) and minolta film cameras.

I am moving more towards digital and have stopped buying minolta lenses as they are not producing digital slr's which utilize there maxxum lenses.

Has anyone heard if they have any future plans or should I trade in all my film gear for Nikon or Canon so that I can continue to purchase lenses that will be compatable with both digital and film.
harr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2003, 5:43 PM   #2

first we have to see how the konica/minolta merger works.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:19 PM   #3

If Minolta doesn't bring out a DSLR soon, thier gonna be suckin' hind tit soon (IMHO).
bifunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2003, 11:13 PM   #4

i would say that it may not be in their marketing scope. the 3 heavy hitters are big N and big C at this point. big K is maybe kinda shoulda woulda come on now please deliver a primo product soon. the second tier makers have a bit of ground to catch up on. sigma has a great idea that needs repackaging/designing. the 4/3 concepthasn't made it out of the gate yet

it seems the real $$$ is to be made in the "digicam". thats where the product flows fast and the margins are more acceptable. it's also easier/less costly to design and come out with new models.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:17 PM   #5

Hello Folks...I have been following this thread and sense a frustration among some equal to my own...When will Minolta offer a digital SLR body with the Dynax/Maxxum lens mount?...Have they conducted serious market analysis that indicates such an offering is a poor business decision (at this time)?...Are they satisfied with the sales and cash flow generated by their upper-end Dimage cameras?...Who among those connected with the consumer or prosumer photo industry really knows?...I, for one, have put off purchasing a Minolta AF 100/2.8 Macro even though I continue to shoot film with my 600si...As I shoot more digital and less film I want to expand my experiences and capabilities...But investing in yet another body and lens system by, for example, Nikon or Canon seems less than prudent considering my already substantial investment in the Minolta AF system....Come on Minolta....Make available a new digital SLR (maybe based on the Maxxum 7 or 9 body) and watch not only a warm reception and eager acquisition from folks like me, but also a healthy jump in your AF lens sales, as well...Many of us are appealing "only from the mind of Minolta"
keyop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 6:24 PM   #6

Has anyone heard anything about whether or not Minolta or any other company intend to produce a camera that will make use of Minolta AF lenses?
VOUR is offline   Reply With Quote