Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:59 PM   #11

I have a standard 1 GB sandisk SD card in my Z2 and it records about the same amount as your high speed card before it stops to save 640 X 480 30 FPS video, so the problem may not be related to the speed of the card. On the plus side, all I do is hit the record button (shutter) and it finishes recording the last 3 minutes on the card.
bjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:45 PM   #12

John, if you have a USB2 card reader, test the write speed of the card. The cameras have an internal buffer but that isn't supposed to restrict the length of movie recordings like some cameras (some Canons come to mind).
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:37 PM   #13

i want to try the z3 firmware on the z2 ,i think is allrigt, because the 2 cameras have the same chip and lens..only diferences are on the anti shak.

best regards from portugal
Pred@dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:18 PM   #14
Administrator

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
i want to try the z3 firmware on the z2 ,i think is allrigt, because the 2 cameras have the same chip and lens..only diferences are on the anti shak.

best regards from portugal
These are not the same camera. Chances are, it's not going to accept it anyway. But, if by some chance you get it to, it may turn your camera into a worthless paperweight.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:19 AM   #15

Just tested the Z2 with a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB. The same 12 mins 4 or 5 sec video, nothing more possible. It is almost certainly a camera "feature" I am thinking.
kneeslasher is offline   Reply With Quote