Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:39 PM   #1

I was just wondering if anyone uses the digital zoom. If so, what settings do you find better? I can't tell much difference in "on" and interpolated images.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2005, 1:16 AM   #2

I NEVER use digital zoom. Could someone who does could explain why they don't just crop during post-processing on their computer?
Victor S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:24 PM   #3

Does anyone out here know the difference in the 2 zoom settings the A200 offers?

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 2:46 AM   #4
stk

Hi

Like Victor I never use digital zoom, but I think the difference is that non interpolated only allows exact steps like 2x that map straight onto the pixels, wheras interpolated allows intermediate zoom levels. THis means that some interpolation takes place in the camera to deal with the fact that it doesn't map to an exactmultiple of pixels

I personally haven't found any reason to use digital zoom rather than cropping later.

Anyone found that the focus is more accurate when the target is a small part of the frame if digital zoom is used? This cold be a reason for using it.

Cheers
Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote