Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 6, 2006, 6:07 PM   #21

Ok i got the download sorted im guessing its a limited bw connection or something because its started working now ,,, any one have any suggestions on the firmware front?

brett_dale wrote:
Quote:
hey all, i have one of the last Z2's running the 1.03 firmware version, now for the questions.

Can anyone provide a new link for the russian hacked firmware, the posted one is a no go ?

does this hacked firmware work with the minolta 1.03 firmware version or should i try to backdate my firmware to the 02 version first ?

I searched around a lot on the net for the 1.03 firmware version and can only find the 02 version as a released version, is there any way to backup the 03 version from my camera before i go ahead with all this?

Many thanks hope you can help me

Brett
brett_dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 9:30 PM   #22

its official i have no patience, i went ahead with it and it worked fine, problem im having now is after converting the images to nef with raw2nef as outlined here, the images wont open in photoshop cs, they will open in ACDsee pro but the image is pixelated and like negative art, i also tried ufraw which wont open the raw .jpg file and opens the nef with the same results.

brett_dale wrote:
Quote:
Ok i got the download sorted im guessing its a limited bw connection or something because its started working now ,,, any one have any suggestions on the firmware front?

brett_dale wrote:
Quote:
hey all, i have one of the last Z2's running the 1.03 firmware version, now for the questions.

Can anyone provide a new link for the russian hacked firmware, the posted one is a no go ?

does this hacked firmware work with the minolta 1.03 firmware version or should i try to backdate my firmware to the 02 version first ?

I searched around a lot on the net for the 1.03 firmware version and can only find the 02 version as a released version, is there any way to backup the 03 version from my camera before i go ahead with all this?

Many thanks hope you can help me

Brett
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:10 PM   #23

like this
Attached Images

Old Jul 7, 2006, 7:31 AM   #24

problem seems to be solved by using z2dng instead of raw2nef, i havent figured out how but im assuming raw2nef was messing up the raw images in someway
Old Aug 3, 2006, 4:09 PM   #25

Folks,

I read this topic for a while, but post first time. I just would like to say a big thank you to defna for z2dng tool!!! I've updated my cam few days ago, it works fine, and dng pix are pretty cool...

Best,

Nandi
Nandi is offline   Reply With Quote