Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 7, 2003, 11:16 AM   #1

Default Minolta S404 numbering System

I am upgrading from a 1.3 pixel camera and am looking at the Minolta S404. What I like about my old camera is the continuous numbering system. It does not start all over when I clear the pics out. My status tells me that I have taken 3200 pics and have used the flash 2400 times. Some of the new cameras start the numbers over whan they are transferred. I don't want to have to re-name the pics to keep from having them overwritten. A friend had a problem with his fujii 3800 doing this.
Cuzin Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:09 PM   #2

Some cameras have a setting for this ( called "number memory" or something alike) as D7i as well.
If not, you can always delete all pics, but the last one to let the cam keeping track.

PS: a trick that works on D7's : if you lost the numbering (setting at off by accident) , on PC, rename a pic to the number of your choice, copy the pic to the CF card, and the camera will continue the counting.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 2:02 AM   #3

The S404 has a menu choice in the SETUP mode under the Custom1 tab called "File Number # Memory". This allows you to activate the auto numbering system so that each new photo will have a number one larger than the previous one taken.

Good luck.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 7:21 AM   #4

heh I'm at 6,076 and I got the camera back in Dec.
digitalcamuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:39 AM   #5

Default Re: Minolta S404 numbering System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzin Vinnie
I am upgrading from a 1.3 pixel camera and am looking at the Minolta S404. What I like about my old camera is the continuous numbering system. It does not start all over when I clear the pics out. My status tells me that I have taken 3200 pics and have used the flash 2400 times. Some of the new cameras start the numbers over whan they are transferred. I don't want to have to re-name the pics to keep from having them overwritten. A friend had a problem with his fujii 3800 doing this.
If you're considering the 404, consider the 414 instead. The 414 was just introduced in Feb. and is improved over the 404. "The largest difference is the faster processor and functions from the DiMAGE 7i" , and that's a quote from Minolta. The best part is that the 414 is selling at about the same price as the 404, $30-40 more at worst.
mikebek is offline   Reply With Quote