Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 18, 2005, 2:35 PM   #1

Hi does anyone know where i can get the latest firmware for the konica kd-400z?

TIA.

Matt :|
matt w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:41 PM   #2
Administrator

Sure (and welcome to the forums).

Here is a direct download link to the firmware from Konica-Minolta Japan (it will work on non-Japan models, and still allows you to pick a language in the camera's setup).

http://ca.konicaminolta.jp/support/download/rkd400/v155a/KD-400Z.BIN

Konica never released this firmware update in the U.S. (but, you can find it on some of the overseas web sites). So, it's not officially supported here.

It should improve startup time, white balance, and more with the KD-400z (based on reports I've seen in the past).

Basically, you copy the .bin file to the root directory of a Secure Digital Card. Then, when you powerup the camera with the card in it (open the cover), just follow the instructions on screen (press the delete key/trashcanto start the update and wait until it tells you it's finished).

I usually take some precautions (set everything back to factory defaults, make sure you've got a fully charged battery, format the card with the camera menus first before copying the .bin file to it, be very careful not to accidently close the cover while the update is in progress). I'd also remove any Memory Stick from the camera as an extra precaution (and the update only works from Secure Digital).

Always do this kind of update at your own risk (if anything goes wrong, your camera will probably be a paperweight). But, I've known multiple users that have updated their KD-400z with this firmware with no problems (and I've updated my KD-510z the same way multiple times withnew firmware for it).

If you look at the instructions for the G500 (after you prepare everything else first, like formatting the SD Card via the camera menus),start at where it says this (substituting KD-400Z.BIN anywhere you see G500.BIN):

Quote:
Copy the G500.BIN file onto the root directory (top level of the folder) of the prepared SD Memory card.

G500 Firmware Installation Guide

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:32 AM   #3

thanks but is this the latest firmware they have released? i have already upgraded to this version but this was released over 2 years ago from what i have seen.

cheers,

Matt
matt w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:42 AM   #4
Administrator

That's it Matt.

Manufacturers don't always continue to update older models indefnitely (and this camera was introduced in February 2002). Some cameras may never get a firmware update (unless there is a problem of some type).

You can check to see when they have new firmware for Konica-Minolta cameras at this link (they normally post the updates on their web site in Japan first). Select a model and press the button to the right of it and you'll see the latest updates.

http://ca.konicaminolta.jp/cgi-bin/d...product=rkd400

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote