Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:35 PM   #1

Hi folks
I need help with dimage z6.
I bought a new dimage z6 yesterday and promptly took it out for some testing.
I took several images outside in afternoon with plenty of sunlight (no flash).
The LCD monitor shows a good display and the live image also looks good but after I click it .. all i see is white!
The images are totally washed out and bleached. Nothing at all. Just white!
Because the images look good on the LCD (before i click them), i think its some setting.
So do i need to do some tweaking or is the camera broken?
I feel so dissapointed. Please help me folks.
And btw this is my first digital camera.
adityam001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:51 AM   #2

Hi,

What was the setting ? there is only one thing that can have caused that, overexposure. For Z6 it can be that the setting is in shutter priority and the setting is to long time or it could be in manual mode and bothe the shutter and the apperture are set incorrectly.

The actual picture that you will get will only be shown on the LCD when you preview it by half pressing the shutter button.

I may be wrong, but set to to "P" or program or "Auto" and try again

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:07 PM   #3

Hi
I used the auto setting most of the time and also used the Aperture(A) mode with the setting at its lowest. I did not try the P mode but will do that as well. Either way it is bad that the Auto mode cannot handle such a regular scenario.
I will try again with P mode.
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:52 AM   #4

Hi,

Normally Auto mode will work in any situation, especially outdoor on a bright sunny day.

Check the EV and ISO. If they are normally set and still you get washed up picture, I think there is something wrong with the camera.

Mine is only Z3 and even my 4-yr. old daughter can use it with no problem (the only problem is the weight).
juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:28 PM   #5

Sounds like a faulty unit (or memory card !!!!) - my Z6 does not behave like that.

strange that the EFV image is fine but the capture is not.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:19 AM   #6

Hi Norm
The EVF image is fine and also looks good when I half press the shutter to confirm the focus. Its only the capture thats bad. I am planning to return the camera and go for canon. I would strongly advise against buying a konica-minolta to everyone.
sad
Aditya
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:18 PM   #7

If the camera can't get it right on Auto then it certainly sounds faulty but how do you know that the problem wasn't caused in transit?

Presumably you chose to buy this camera because of what it can do for the price - those reasons are still valid. KM don't make perfect cameras but neither does any other manufacturer. I've received a number of products which were faulty or doa but I blame the postal system for this.

Cheap cameras are not going to pass the navy test and this one is cheap (for its capabilities). Being made out of recycled eggshells, they need to treated with respect.

Get it replaced - you'll love it! I do my Z3 - for some more thoughts on these cameras check out http://kcegginton.fotopic.net and have a look at my Z3 collection.

Clive

Clive Egginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 3:05 PM   #8

Aditya,

Any manufacturer can fall victim to faulty units - before you jump ship, I would recommend that you get it replaced and give it another go. The camera is very capable, I have had a LOT of digicams and I like my Z6.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:56 AM   #9

Make sure you do not have exposure compensation to +2
franckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:33 PM   #10

I purchased a Z6 last week and returned it after the weekend for exactly the same reasons. They replaced the unit for me - proclaiming the other one 'DOA'. The unfortunate part is the other onewas no better.

I have experimented with different settings, lightings situations, etc etc and most of the images are very overexposed and not at all true to colour. I took the 2nd one back and the rep. was phoned. He suggested making a few settings changes. They made no difference.After trying all theZ6's they had in the store,the whole shipment is being sent back!

My problem now, is what camera do I get instead? ... any suggestions.

I like to fiddle with manual settings - but as I have kids, most of the time I take shots on Auto (and I love to have zoom so that I am not in their faces)!

Thanks
Scrapangel is offline   Reply With Quote