Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 18, 2003, 6:10 PM   #1
-jb

Default Minolta Posts DiMAGE 7 Series Firmware Updates!

Looks like Minolta has posted new firmware updates for their 7Hi and 7i. It would be nice if they explained exactly what they updated, but I can't find any info on it. Check it out in Steve's news section...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/diginews.html#d7firm

Any one try it yet?

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2003, 6:38 PM   #2

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7256

go to the minolta page and click on the tittle, than you have the fix description
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2003, 8:06 PM   #3

it generally adds the capability of using a SD/MMC card with an approved adapter (Panasonic BN-CSDABP3) in the 7 series. you cannot format the sd/mmc card in camera though. and also "minor" little code fixes (undefined).

http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...i_Instructions
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:39 AM   #4
-jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms
...and also "minor" little code fixes (undefined).
This is what I was interested in. I wondered if any of you had the inside scoop on what these changes were...

From Minolta: "This is an update to the DiMAGE 7Hi firmware. This minor update improves overall functionality. If the firmware version is already Ver. 1.0.1u, it is not necessary to update the firmware. This firmware is for use only with the DiMAGE 7Hi and cannot be used with other products. Please see the read me for detailed instructions on checking your firmware version, and updating your firmware. This firmware is intended for versions ending with the letter [ u ]. The update does not work correctly if it is installed in other products."

I don't plan on using anything but CF cards, so the "overall functionality" improvements are what interest me. I'm just curious as to what they are... and wondering if anyone has tried it...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:03 PM   #5

i think that the overall functionality upgrade is the added ability to use the SD cards. and as far as coding goes maybe its just trying to make it more efficient(there is a limited amount of space in the chip for code). 3 lines instead of 5 lines to a command. i doubt they're going to go into extreme detail with what they probably consider propriatary material.

i loaded it and my camera didn't blow up or change radically. oh one thing did though.... it now says v1.01u.

i like the idea of having options whenever possible. the addition of the SD option can be handy(as long as you have the adapter). i use SD in my gps and palm device. so a few emergency cards can be made available if needed.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 8:56 AM   #6

Default Firmware upgrade for European cameras

I downloaded the firmware upgrade from the minolta usa site however when I tried to install the new firmware upgrade the camera would not accept it. After several failed attempts I tried the minolta europe site and downloaded the Eurpoe version. This seems to be the same upgrade, however it changes the version to v1.01e
the link for the download is
http://www.minoltaeurope.com/magic_f...nguage=english

This installed without a problem.
Duncan Paton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 9:35 AM   #7

was your camera purchased in the US or the UK/Europe?

1.01u- USA
1.01e- Europe
1.01j- Japan

the differences could only be language/syntax formats.

the reason for your not being able to use the US update is because of the original firmware is the (e) version and is designed to not accept the (u) update. it's their way of controlling the code better and not having to listen to complaints later.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 6:54 PM   #8

Anyone who has downloaded to 7Hi notice any changes??
R Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2003, 7:57 PM   #9

it says 1.01u. and i can now use sd cards in an adapter. the rest is just code cleanup