Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   Konica Minolta (
-   -   Recommended case for a 7hi? (

Roscoe Feb 19, 2003 1:35 AM

Recommended case for a 7hi?
Just bought the 7hi, awaiting delivery :D . It doesn't appear to come with a protective case/cover. Can anybody recommend a good one.

sjms Feb 19, 2003 8:06 AM

minolta makes a fitted case. very difficult to find and price to return ratio is low. look for a good well sized camera bag like lowepro or tamrac. go to your local store who carries an assortment with a tape measure. bring all the goodies and toys your going to want to carry with you and start to play. decide your preferred size and shape. copy it down and look at all the options. also think of growth. you know all those things you forgot the first time fitting and the additionals you'll want to weigh yourself down with.

there are others too. check out warranty info on each.

Roscoe Feb 19, 2003 8:44 AM

Sorry - camera case, not bag
Cool bags but I apparently mispoke...

I am more interrested in a fitted case (cover?) to protect the camera itself, not a tote bag for it and accesorries.

I like the backpack though...similar to one I bought for may laptop.

sjms Feb 19, 2003 9:11 AM

did a google search no hits.
went to minoltausa site no hits.
B&H nothing

i would say that it wasn't a big mover and is now a dead issue. i never actually saw one only a graphic and discription. sorry i don't think it made the cut.

cald Feb 23, 2003 7:37 PM

D7i Fitted Case ?
Looking at the camera, I don't think there's room around the controls to put a fited case. Not complaining, though - I love the 7i.

halmot Feb 25, 2003 1:41 PM

LowePro TLZ Mini
I've been very pleased with the LowePro TLZ Mini 'holster' -type bag for my D7. Quick access, just enough room for 2-3 sets of batteries and a filter or two. The camera fits easily with the hood reversed; rather more snug with the hood mounted for shooting.

Roscoe Feb 26, 2003 1:42 AM

Thats looks like the right option. Thanks! :D

R Stacy Mar 12, 2003 10:33 PM

M Rock -- it rocks. I got the mini and it fits the 7Hi perfectly. Its not a gadget bag though, just a run & gun.

R Stacy Mar 12, 2003 10:35 PM

I take that back, its called the