Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:07 AM   #1

Default 7Hi with USB 2?

Hi all. I was wondering if the Minolta 7Hi camera is compatible for downloading to a computer with either USB 1 or 2? Or only 1? Any problems with this that anyone knows of with Windows or Mac? Thanks a lot.

web
websounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2003, 9:23 AM   #2

To the best of my knowlege, USB 1.1 only.
bifunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:48 AM   #3

Very very very S L O W

I use a PCMCIA card adaptor , much faster.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:22 PM   #4

My motherboard supports USB 2.0........found a USB 2.0 CF card reader for $20 on the net.........SWEET!
bifunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:46 PM   #5

usb 2 is backwards compatible with usb 1.1 and visaversa.

caveat:

usb 1.1 devices will run only at 1.1 speed even though its on a usb 2.0 card/port/hub.

a usb 2.0 device will run at usb 1.1 speed if hooked into a usb 1.1 port/card/hub.

a D7Hi is a usb 1.1 compliant device and thus will run no faster on a usb 2.0 connection

purchasing a adapter and card reader (usb2.0) can increase your download speed by a factor of at least 40x depending on the xfr rate of the card.

usb 2.0 adapter cards for home computers avg price is about $20US

usb 2.0 adapter pcmcia (laptop) is about $50us. i use this because i have a portable 2.5" 30 gb firewire/usb2 drive also

a regular pcmcia cf adapter is about $10US

usb 2.0 readers avg $25US

to transfer using your camera as a reader is just wasting the battery power of the camera. you might want to save that power to take images.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2003, 6:22 PM   #6

Default DAZZLE

I have the Dazzle 6in1 card reader on usb 1.1 Even so, its 10x faster than the 7Hi. Much more livable. Looking forward to 2.0 when I upgrade computers.
R Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2003, 6:26 PM   #7

you could update to usb 2.0 for $17.00us and an open pci slot.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:29 PM   #8

:? yea I hear ya, but my computer is on its last legs.... in fact its moaning and will occassionally scream at me as I type. I built it 6 years ago...my second home build... and upgraded to the max with this motherboard a couple years ago. Now I figure its time for a new Dell.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:02 AM   #9

your better of with the home build. dells are dead ends from day 1 so are gateways and the other popular brand names. yo can get a mobo of your choice (i prefer gigabyte at the moment) that will go up to currently in amd and p4 to 3ghz+. you start out with a lower speed and as you need and the price goes down you UG. ram is cheap and you can choose every component yourself to custom fit your needs. cases and power are cheap.

check out places like: www.newegg.com

i just got done doing up amd 2400+ box with all the goodies for a friend at approx $650. no monitor- he uses his old one. dvd/cd rom cdrw 512MB ddr ram 80gb hd 64mb nvidia 8x card 6.1 suround sound outstanding case win XP pro
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:00 PM   #10

Default Yep,

right on. Your theory of upgrading does work and I've done it. My current machine started life as an AMD P2166 5GB HD and is currently a P2-500 with 296sd-ram and 20GB. Its actually fine with W98, still plenty fast by any older standards. Yes you does inspire me and I've built a few in the past, including for friends, but I'm getting older and less wise (read not current) and don't know for sure if I want to go through the learning curve again......