Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:09 AM   #1

I've just had a look at the Steve's Digicams review of the Minolta E323, and the example described there has a number of functions my girlfriend's camera does not - like the ability to alter the screen brightness for example.

I assume this is because the review version is newer...

So, the question is: Does anyone know if it might be possible to upgrade it via some sort of upgrade download. I've had a look around, and all I can find are software upgrades for the file-managing software (which we don't use). Our PC is Windows XP os.

What do you think?
shambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2005, 2:45 PM   #2

There doesn't appear to have been any firmware updates for the Minolta E323, according this site, which seems to list all updates for their cameras and scanners for the last few years.

I suggest you have another good look in the manual for, and menuin, the camera. I'm sure you will find you already have the facility to do what you ask about.

You should find it in the Set Up menu, where you set the time & date, along with a number of settings including the function to Format the SD card. You will need to scroll down the list to see the option for the LCD brightness.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 5:07 AM   #3

There you go! It is there after all... My bad - sorry! My only excuse (if excuse it is) is that I'm an idiot...
shambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 7:55 AM   #4

Sometimes you just can't find things for looking.............
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:01 AM   #5

Hi!
I have 2 Minolta E323. The first one i bought 2 or 3 years ago, and the last one a year ago. Both of them have that option you said you didn't find: LCD brightness. so i say go to the settings menu and scroll down. It's right after File No. reset. Good luck!
nelu is offline   Reply With Quote