Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:51 AM   #21

Hi, kpugh. The anti-shake spoils us, doesn't it? If you go to DP Review's features search at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp you can narrow choices down by your criteria. I've heard good things about Sony's Cybershot IS series.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 6:04 AM   #22

sandchak wrote:
Quote:
The first number indicates the place of manufacture, ie, 3 is japan, 9 is Malaysia and so on, the second and third number is the month and year respectivly, ie, if its 324xxxxx it means it was made in Japan in Feb 2004... hope this helps.

Sandy

XoMartel wrote:
Quote:
Thanks!
got a question tho, how can i find out when is my camera manufactured?
is there way to check?
my camera is dimage a1 and yes it's broken, showing black and sometime distored lines.
and yes i haven't gone to the nearest service center, since it's been busy holiday season and i'm not faithfully trust my local konica minolta service center.

thx in advance.
Quote:
Is this valid for Dimage 7i also?
Quote:
My S/N starts from 9000, so according to your code it should be made in Malaysia in year 2000, but what month?
Quote:
I have the CCD problem and want to know if the recall applies to my case.
Quote:
Zoomtron in Toronto does not answer emails.
Puchalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:07 PM   #23

Hi,

I am new to the forum and found it searching for Minolta Dimage A1 problems taday. I bought this camera in 2002? because of the manual zoom ring that made it as close to a SLR as I could find at the time. But, I have had a problem with the screen image from the first. When I was outside on a bright sunny day, the screen and the EVC had purple colored streaks. This did not appear on the photo, but it was such a pain in the neck I finally stopped using the camera. I now have a Nikon D70 that I really love, but it is heavy and rather large and I thought I would try the A1 again when I needed something a little morediscreet.Itworked fine for a couple of days, but right in the middle of taking photos, the screen and EVC went blank.It is not totally black, but kind of gray with faintstreaks running thru it.I had no idea the A1 had been recalled, but I did think it was kind of unusual that theA2 came out so soon after the A1 and did not seem thatmuchdifferent. I found a phone number on oneof your posts and called it today. I talked to avery nicelady that is sending me a shipping label byemail and gaveme the Lorado Texas address. I'm looking forward to what they are going to do. How many CCDs for this camera do they still have? Wish me luck. PK :O

Update 12/01/2006

Several days ago I received an email from Sony that they had received my camera and assigned me a work order number and ways to contact them for updates. Well, yesterday my camera arrived in the mail and it had already been repaired. The invoice said they had replaced the CCD at no charge. I can't believe it happened so fast and in such a professional manner. PK :-)

pattyk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:37 PM   #24

From what I've read in other forums, they don't have parts for the A1's anymore so are sending another in exchange, one of the later DiMAGE Z-series models.

I am so glad you posted to this thread. I'd forgotten about my claim! I called them at 877-462-4464 and they're sending me a UPS shipping label. Here's hoping fixing the CCD takes care of it. It progressed to jittering on the LCD like the recall showed.

In the meantime, I have purchased a Fuji FinePix S9100 (S9600). It does well even on higher ISO's like 400, but the image stabilization is not mechanical. It just ups the shutter speed and raises the ISO. If I shoot aperture priority and have it at ISO 400, I get pretty good results. I'm still "becoming one" with this new camera. I still would love to have my beloved DiMAGE A1, though! I hope they can repair it and not send me another model.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:00 AM   #25

I have a DiMAGE A1 with a 413xxxxx S/N although the camera which I have in my possession has been out of commission since 7.19.06 due to an overheating CCD chip (after a local repair facility in the Houston, TX area readjusted the shutter). Currently, I am out of service using a hooptie Canon Powershot S230 with half-charged power cells.

myspace.com/montrosepatriot
montrosepatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:47 AM   #26
Administrator

Send it back to them. If the CCD is defective, they're still fixing them here in the U.S. At one point, there were some parts delays and they were offering to replace them with different camera models. But, they seem to have worked through that and parts are available now.

I've seen very recent reports (within the past few days) from A1 owners letting others know that their CCD was replaced at no charge.

http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 10:31 AM   #27

I am one of those happy individuals whose camera was repaired by Sony at no charge! Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'll just post a link to my blog entry about it: http://www.gardenwife.com/2006/12/11/dimage-eo-is-back/
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:41 PM   #28

HI:

My camera did that this weekend and I don't know why. when I record in the movie mode it works fine and when I take a pic it looks good in the lcd, but after I take the shot I get the same picture as you have.

Barbie
renfaire66@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:49 PM   #29

Hi:

Did you send it into Sony and do the online repair ticket?

thanks,

Barbie
renfaire66@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 7:53 PM   #30

Barbie, are you saying you got the same thing as me, with the lens shadow in the corner and the blinking anti-shake button light?

Whatever's happening, definitely send it in. Read my blog entry (link's above) and you'll see.