Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 18, 2008, 1:45 PM   #41

Right, so I found out that the camera I bought in 2003, which failed in 2005, has a recall?

well it wasn't a recall for the dimage 7i but the ccd was known to be faulty.

great - so i sent it to the registered repair place in the UK.

And received a phone call to say it was the faulty ccd... fantastic

...but the parts to fix it are no longer available... boo

but if i can find proof of purchase I can get a credit from sony.

Well I bought the damn thing in singapore, with other stuff for other people, and although I miraculously still have the invoice it is not itemised...

so the expensive camera, the price I cannot remember, is now still an expensive paper weight!

does anyone know the price as new for the Dimage 7i back in 2003 (preferably in singapore)?

I feel cheated that I won't get anything back for it or a repair just because the fault was not announced generally. And worse still was that when I called at the time it went kaput I was told that to fix it would probably be uneconomical and I should buy a new camera!!

any ideas? anyone?
kit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:10 AM   #42

kit77 wrote:
Quote:
Right, so I found out that the camera I bought in 2003, which failed in 2005, has a recall?

well it wasn't a recall for the dimage 7i but the ccd was known to be faulty.

great - so i sent it to the registered repair place in the UK.

And received a phone call to say it was the faulty ccd... fantastic

...but the parts to fix it are no longer available... boo

but if i can find proof of purchase I can get a credit from sony.

Well I bought the darn thing in singapore, with other stuff for other people, and although I miraculously still have the invoice it is not itemised...

so the expensive camera, the price I cannot remember, is now still an expensive paper weight!

does anyone know the price as new for the Dimage 7i back in 2003 (preferably in singapore)?

I feel cheated that I won't get anything back for it or a repair just because the fault was not announced generally. And worse still was that when I called at the time it went kaput I was told that to fix it would probably be uneconomical and I should buy a new camera!!

any ideas? anyone?
Here in UK I recently returned my Dimage A1 (CCD fault) to the service centre (http://support.sony-europe.com/DIME/KM/km.asp?l=en) and within 7 days it was returned fully repaired and tested. Truly outstanding. This camera was bought about 6 years ago in France ( I live in UK) and receipt long gone.
All I can say is that this is outstanding customer service especially as Minolta no longer make cameras!
I was about to junk the camera when I stumbled on this forum so if any of you are still reading this thread, thanks for posting info that resulted in my camera being restored to full health.

PS while this camera is no longer considered cutting edge, it is still extremely useful and I use it for astro photography etc

Simon
skmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote