Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:12 AM   #1
bbm

Hi All,

I am contemplating selling my x31 due to poor night shot results. Before I do this is there any way of forcing the focus to infinity on these as I understand this would solve the problem, in all other aspects this camera is good for me but I do take about 50% of shots indoors..

Thanks

Brian
bbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2005, 6:30 PM   #2

Does the camera have a manual or zone focus setting? I think I have that on my X50 (zone focusing, that is). Set it to the mountains setting (infinity). That should work.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:54 AM   #3
bbm

No manual control or suchsettings are in the menus. That I can see anyway !!. I must look at the online manuals and compare that for the x50 to my x31 to see if the functions are similar..

Thanks Declan
Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:25 AM   #4

My X50 has a sliding switch on the top of the camera where you select the mode of operation for the camera. One of those is the scene mode. Once that is selected, you can then select one of the scene modes, one of which is a landscape portrait mode, or a beach mode.

I would have to read the manual to see what each does, but I am not sure they are fixed focus, just preset conditions. So I guess I was wrong originally. Bummer!

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:42 AM   #5
bbm

Hi Declan,

I dont have any scene settings on the x31.. Its a pity as its a perfect camera otherwise...

Thanks