Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:34 PM   #1

Well, my Minolta DiMAGE Xt (pre-Konica Minolta) is looking like it's starting to bite the dust, or is it? The LCD on occasion, will flash purplish lines going across the LCD. When trying to take a picture when this happens, what's on the picture results in what's on the LCD at the time. This tells me that it's more than an LCD problem then. The extended warranty has expired about 4 months ago, so is it worthwhile trying to get it repaired, or is there something I might be able to do myself?
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:19 PM   #2

Hi. You may have a look at my post of Dec. 25th of this year, where I reported that KM is recalling cameras with exactly the problem you describe.

Best, Johan
Yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:24 PM   #3

Yogibear wrote:
Quote:
Hi. You may have a look at my post of Dec. 25th of this year, where I reported that KM is recalling cameras with exactly the problem you describe.

Best, Johan
Hi Johan - Yes, I remembered something about a CCD service recall, and checked it out. It looks like I can get the Xt repaired at no cost to me, even though it's out of warranty - great news!
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote