Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:14 PM   #1

II JUST GET A KONICA MINOLTA A200 (I HAD A 7I)AND VERY DESAPOINTED ABOUT THE PERFORMANMCE OF THE CAMERA ,...THE AF HUNTS IN CONTINUOS SHOTING,..TAKE TOOLONG IN TO FOCUS IN SINGLE FRAME, AND AFTER DE SHOT , IT BLAK OUT AND GET USELESS UNTIL THE PICTURE IS WRIGTED IN THE MEMORY CARD,...BIG SHUTER LAG AFTER DE FOCUSING,...IS THAT RIGHT?,.....EVERYBODY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS?,.....OR IS ONLY MY CAMERA? MY MEMORI CARD ES COMPACT FLASH, IS ENY WAY THAT I CAN AVOID THIS?
digimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:47 PM   #2
Administrator

What model did you have? You said 7I. Do you mean the Minolta DiMAGE 7i?

The A200 should be faster.

You can see our results testing the A200 here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_.../a200_pg6.html

If you mean a film 7i (35mm Maxxum or Dynax 7i), then it's going to run circles around a non-DSLR model like the DiMAGE A200 (which would be slow in comparison, especially for Autofocus Speed and accuracy).

You'd need to get a DSLR model to have similar performance (for example, Konica Minolta Maxxum or Dynax 7D).

As for write speeds to CompactFlash, what card did you buy? There can be a lot of difference in the performance of memory cards. The Kingston Elite Pro cards tend to be the slowest around in the Ax series cameras (but some of the later A200 models don't seem to have as much difficulty with them).

You may want to make sure it's not something you've got set incorrectly, too. I'd reset your camera back to factory defaults as a starter.

You'll find a Reset menu choice on the first page of your record menus.

By the way, using all caps in a forum is considered SHOUTING and is perceived by many to be rude. So, you may want to abstain from this practice in the future. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:50 PM   #3

IS A MINOLTA DIGITAL DIMAGE 7i 5 MP
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:53 PM   #4
Administrator

Try resetting it back to factory defaults. You may have a setting that's causing a problem (shooting in raw or TIFF versus JPEG, etc.).

I'd also try a different memory card if you have one.

Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:53 PM   #5

AMM SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS WRITING ,....I AM ALF BLIND AND I HAVE PROBLEMS READING OVER A BLACK BACGROUND,....sorry again

Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:56 PM   #6
Administrator

No problem. I just didn't know if you realized that using all caps in a forum is considered shouting. If you can't see the text, by all means use all caps.

Try some of the different themes to see if that helps you to see the forums better, too.

If you click on this link, you'll see a "Board Theme" option. Change it to Default (my favorite) and see if that helps.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_.../a200_pg6.html

Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:10 PM   #7

I did reset it , and still take too long in to write ,...my memory card is a lexar 256mb 4x,.is this a bad card?,....
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:15 PM   #8

and I am no shooting in raw,the default image size is 3254x2176 3:2 and quality extrafine,......how I can see if is in jpg or tiff?

Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:16 PM   #9
Administrator

Well, I've got an old Lexar 4X that's pretty fast compared to some cards.

But, by today's standards, 4x is very slow. Most newer cards are rated at around 66x (and some go to 133x).

But, you really can't go by the card speed. You've got compatibilty issues that can impact how a given card performs with a given camera model.

You've also got processing bottlenecks in a camera to contend with.

I'd try a newer and faster card and see how it performs. I'd probably go with something like a Lexar 40x or 66x card if you like the brand. I'd avoid Kingston Elite Pro cards for use in a KM model (some have been known to be incredibly slow, due to some type of compatibility issue).

Make sure to format the card via the camera's menus, too.

Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:19 PM   #10
Administrator

digimex wrote:
Quote:
and I am no shooting in raw,the default image size is 3254x2176 3:2 and quality extrafine,......how I can see if is in jpg or tiff?
Extra Fine is JPEG. On average, you're probably getting file sizes of around 2 or 3 Megabytes (but they can be larger, as image content will influence file size).

With a 4x card like your Lexar, it's probably going to be a bit slow writing them out.