Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 21, 2003, 5:27 AM   #1

Default 7Hi data transfer problem

Just got my new 7Hi in the mail. Inserted and formatted my new 1G CF card, took a couple of pictures, and then attempted to see if the USB transfer would work. Got some error message that I could not decipher and that the manual does not mention, and the computer never recognized a device being added to the system. Yes, I selected the transfer mode and yes I pressed the menu button. Nothing happened. I then used the PC card adapter and everything worked as it should.

Ideas?
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2003, 6:35 AM   #2
NHL

Quote:
Got some error message that I could not decipher and that the manual does not mention, and the computer never recognized a device being added to the system.
This is a PC problem...

Quote:
I then used the PC card adapter and everything worked as it should.
This is a better method anyway not the least faster!... and also allow you to use the camera while pictures are downloading.
Beside it's also go easy on the battery which is better for taking more pictures!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:01 PM   #3

Yea I know but it still bothers me that something is not working as it should...
Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:06 PM   #4
NHL

Is this XP? Do you have access to a different computer or OS... :?
Old Mar 21, 2003, 2:26 PM   #5

XP home and no, I do not have access to another computer.

Picture transfer wizard works fine with a USB reader for my now broken camer, and with the CF PC adapter with this one. Just no USB connection...
Old Mar 21, 2003, 9:56 PM   #6

you know i've gone through all 3 models of the 7 series and to this day i have yet to try the USB connect. its still in the box in its plastic bag unopened as was the previous 2. i have yet to fathom why anyone would use it. its slow and consumes substantial battery power.

your errors are software related and your camera is not broken. if your going to use cards like a 512MB or higher so you can get crisp 8x10s give up the idea of using the cord and stick with the CF reader and save your battery for shooting. as it is the 7 is not light on batteries in shooting mode.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2003, 6:12 AM   #7
NHL

Quote:
XP home and no, I do not have access to another computer.

Picture transfer wizard works fine with a USB reader for my now broken camer, and with the CF PC adapter with this one. Just no USB connection...
The reason I asked if it was XP, was that there's some postings in the old forum (which can't be linked anymore), that mentioned that Window XP's WIA service has to be disabled. Give it a try, but I'm with sjms, why waste time on something that take you more time to accomplish, with nothing to gain in return. The camera is fine! it's USB driver however and XP's WIA interfere with one another (with each co. blaming the other). The generic USB reader's are usually native! :P

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...t_settings.asp
Old Mar 28, 2003, 1:59 PM   #8

Default USB xfr problems

I had that exact problem with my Dimage 7... I tried everything short of sending in the camera which I was going to do, until I used canned air......
I purchased my camera from someone who was a heavy smoker. My camera box and everything in it reeked of smoke when I got it, and I would bet some kind or another of gunk got in there. Anyway, I blew out the usb port and everything has been great ever since. Odd, but true.
I called Minolta, wrote to forums and Microsoft, but nobody could help. I am using Windows XP Pro. You shouldn't have to disable any drivers at all. If nothing else, return it to Minolta under warranty, if you have one, and they will have it back in two weeks.... Or, try the canned air.... it is worth a try! :-)
Eric
emtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote