Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 25, 2006, 3:08 PM   #11

Juan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried manipulating the lens last night, both when turning it on and when turning it off to no avail. I just got back from the shop and will hear back from them in the next three days. I'll post back here as soon as I hear something of note.

Thanks,

smithmal
smithmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:35 PM   #12

A little update... camera shop claimed they couldn't fix the problem and that it would have to be sent to Konica (which I guess means Sony now). Damn, I wonder how well Sony will be able to fix a Konica camera. I guess I'll find out. As soon as I find something out, I'll let yall know...
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:41 PM   #13
Administrator

Not yet (KM is still servicing them, at least in the U.S.).

But, it's my understanding that they're pretty busy right now, and have some Sony employees with them in training (which probably slows 'em down some too).

The turnover to Sony doesn't happen until April 1.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:43 PM   #14

medic wrote:
Quote:
Good point!

I'm not responsible for any Z3s that fail after this WOTS test (Whack on the side), however around 20 stairs should do it ;-)

My Z3 has worked faultlessly since I 'repaired' it.

Good luck :|
Medic, Do you still have your z3? My zoom is not work right either. Did you really do that to the camera? Is it still working good? Please give me any imformation you can on this problem. Thank you.

Dan
dekelsey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:21 AM   #15

My Z3 has the same problem now also...

Zoom will not work - it essentially stays fully zoomed...

ARGH! $200 is too much to pay for repairs when some places

have z6's for $250-$300...

bpkbpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 5:48 AM   #16

I had this problem last year when the camera was still under warranty - and like other users the camera had not been subjected to any physical shock.

KM repaired the fault inside two weeks (quicker than the later fault which was to develop - the one where one corner is vignetted and the stabilization fails).

The point I am making is that there are enough people who are experiencing the same issue that the problem could be described as a design flaw (or an 'inherent fault') - this should give some added leverage if you challenge KM/Sony on the cost of a repair. In British law, at least, the manufacturers are still obliged to shoulder some of the cost of repair of such 'inherent' faults up to the expected life-span of the device or 6 years (whichever is the shorter).

I suggest that anyone experiencing any problem with their camera should scour the forums for reports from others who have had the same problem and use this to negotiate a fair repair price. The let us know how they got on.

Clive
Clive Egginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 2:51 PM   #17

Just wanted to report back and let yall know that I'm still waiting on my camera. It looks like I've been caught up in the Sony-Konica handoff transition. Currently my camera is waiting for parts... but I'll let you guys know something as soon as I know something.

smithmal
Old May 26, 2006, 3:36 AM   #18

This is very Ironic.. My Z3's zoom stopped working about a week ago, it's only one and a half years old, has been handled perfectly, and boom! The zoom just stops working, like others, the mechanical function of the lens seems fine, as it retracts when i turn the camera off, but the zoom itself is not responding, i am starting to get very frusterated as i have fiddled with the settings for hours, this has to be an internal problem of some kind, i don't know what i am going to do now.

I Will try and give the lense a little push and see what that does, does anyone else have any idea's?
who_am_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 7:46 AM   #19

Hi,

There is a setting "called lens accessories". If it is activated, the optical zoom (mechanical zoom) will not function.

My Z3 was worse before. When I switch off, the lens will only retract half way andthen I could hear sound like misaligned gears. Now my Z3 is ok.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:43 PM   #20

Hi there!

I also bought a Z3 around 7-months ago and I love it very much!
However last week, guess what??? The zoom does not working!

I've tried to disabled the lens accessories, but not helping.

I don't think I'm going to do the WOTS test, don't wanna hurt my baby.

Anybody have any workaround on this? If not then I'll have to send my Z3 to sony. not my first choice though... ;-(
sothye is offline   Reply With Quote