Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:17 AM   #1

I HAVE BEEN IMPRESSED BY THE KONICA MINOLTA Z6, AND, WISH TO PURCHASE AT THE LOWEST PRICE FROM A RELIABLE DEALER.

THERE ARE A WIDE VARIETY OF PRICES BETWEEN ESTABLISHED DEALERS, SUCH AS RITZ, ETC, AND, ONLINE SELLERS

I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN WITH LIMITED FUNDS

PLEASE ADVISE
BUDKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:48 AM   #2

I find you have few problems with trusted stores at shopping.com. Steve has his own link to the site and I tend to use that. Any site with high ratings and over a thousand customer reviews will be reliable. With the Z6 the best price from someone trustworthy seems to be from a trusted store:
http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Konica...GE_Z6~S-P~OR-0

You will do better posting on the right board – the Z6 isn't a Digital SLR. And you get better response if you turn your caps lock off.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Administrator

There are a lot of scam artists around with very nice looking web sites with lots of important logos.

Make sure to check any vendor you consider using http://www.resellerratings.com (you'll find a menu choice for searching for vendors where you can see customer reviews). It tends to be a more reliable place to get feedback compared to the feedback you find in most other search engines (IMO anyway). Vendors have been known to try and pad their own ratings (or pressure customers into giving good reviews) with some rating systems.

Out of the vendors I see in our price search engine, I'd suggest going with either 17th Street Photo or B&H Photo and Video.

These guys are honest vendors, won't try to pressure you into buying accessories at ridiculous prices, use bait and switch tactics, try to sell you grey market imports as US Warrantied cameras, etc. and have better than average return policies.

It's worth a few bucks more to avoid those kinds of hassles (you'll probably spend more in the long run anyway), and as a rule, I don't do business with internet vendors located in Brooklyn, since that's where you'll see these tactics used more often. For some reason, they seem to be able to get away with it there.

If a price looks too good to be true, it probably is. ;-)

http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Konica_Minolta_DiMAGE_Z6~S-P~OR-0

Two NY based vendors with great reputations are B&H and 17th Street Photo. I would not hesitate to buy from either one of them.

You may want to read this article by Bryan Biggers to get a feel for how the scam artists work (and you'll find a Brooklyn address in the About or Policies pages for most of the vendors that have been known to use questionable tactics).

How to Buy a Digital Camera without being Robbed

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:57 AM   #4

THANK YOU
BUDKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:32 PM   #5

Look at the Z5 AND the Z6.
"AA" batteries, better movie mode, etc..., on the Z5.
Other than megapixels, the Z5 is a better camera.
Y4806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:51 PM   #6

There's a bit of minsinformation here that keeps getting repeated. BOTH Z5 and Z6 use AA batteries, this isn't an advantage of the Z5 over the Z6.

The Z5 has larger size movie mode, than the Z6.
The Z6 has more MP than the Z5.

If you're buying the camera to take still photos, you're probably better off with the Z6.

If you want to take photos and more than just the occassional movie, you're probably better of getting the Z5.

If you're buying the camera to mainly take movies, buy a video camera.

Y4806 wrote:
Quote:
Look at the Z5 AND the Z6.
"AA" batteries, better movie mode, etc..., on the Z5.
Other than megapixels, the Z5 is a better camera.
fother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:53 PM   #7

I'm considering getting a Z5.

How do these cameras feel? Sturdy or like cheap plastic? Also, if u were to look at the video of say, a sanyo C5 or C5 digicam, how does the video quailty compare?

Thanks,

Adrian
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:20 AM   #8

I purchased a Z6 and the pictures are good but it has a hard time focusing on several occations. I took a couple short movies as I only have a 128mb card right now but have a 1gb card coming. I like the feel of the camera just don't like the focus problem and the pictures printed on a good glossy paper look as good as a film camera to me although I have a little problem with the color orange from my printer, a Canon pixma ip3000they are still good pics
rickyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote