Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:35 AM   #1

After my Dimage 7 died KM service gave me the choice of a replacement camera and I chose an A2. On reading the manual lithium battery charger cord that was shipped with the cmera is APC-120 which is applicable to the US sales region. since I am going to Europe this summer where can I find a cord for Europe i.e. APC-110. Can the cord I have work in Europe with the appropriate European plug. Lucky me KM is going out of business just when I get a new camer . Additionally I am looking for a remote cord (RC-1000S) and a battery pack BP400 since I have a Maha 204C charger and a large number of AA batteries.

So far I'm pleased with the A2 just getting used to operating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mbrad440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:45 PM   #2

I am sure you can get an adapter that will convert your cord to fit European sockets; there are several types used in Europe.

Most airports have shops that sell these.

I have one that can be used in all European countries.

Also see:-

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandar...city.htm#plugs

athegn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:53 PM   #3

I appreciate the response. It's not the charger (which is dual voltage) that concerns me but the cord to the charger. Acording to the KM book you need a APC110 cord. I sent a request to KM but got no response. I guess they are waiting for the Sony folks to move in. On the Remote cable and the BP400 I have searched the internet and none are to be found. I find plenty of NP-400 batteries on E-Bay but no battery packs. I tried B&H Photo (video) and they are out of stock. I guess I need to load up on NP400 batteries and hope for the best.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:29 PM   #4

Are you worried that the plug at the end of the cord will not fit European sockets. If so then my reply was valid. Just buy an adapter to convert your plug to the Eropean plug.

Please tell me if I am misunderstanding your problem.

Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:14 PM   #5

It's the cord. I can get an adapter as you say for Europe or UK. according to KM you have to use a different cord for the sales region. Most chargers I have used all use the same cord you just have to have the adapter (plug) for the area you're going to use it in. My Canon charger has a US plug but to use it in Europe I just buy an adapter like you said they sell in all airports.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:35 AM   #6

"according to KM you have to use a different cord for the sales region"

I wonder why that is? Is the European cord able to take a higher voltage? Or has is a different plug or it is just KM trying to make money?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:31 PM   #7

I just recently got the BP-400 battery grip for my A2 off EBAY for $64.00 .. It allows me to use AA batteries for my A2..and I love the extra grip size.

I was also able to find an RC-1000L on Ebay..I will try to find my reciepts where I got them, but you should find them though a search..

Battery Grip - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BID_Stores_IT

I cant seem to find where I got the remote from..Sry

Hope this helps, Meiko
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:33 PM   #8

I appreciate the info. I have a bid on the item which is currently $51.00 so your $40 bid was good. I am getting used to the A2 and really like it especially if I can get a BP400. I have a Maha charger and a lot of POwerX AA's. I think I'm going to really like the28mm to 200mm Zoom and the 8 megepixel resolution.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:04 AM   #9

Well I finally got the last minute high bid for the BP-400 on E-Bay. I got it for $80.00 which considering most stores i.e. B&H and wolf Cameras were selling from $99.00 - $134.00. Within the last 5 minutes the bidding went up $30. I think this item is goiung to be scarce as hens teeth. I can use all those PowerX AA's that have. Still trying to find the remote cable.

Are there any quarks on the [email protected] I need to be aware of. I'm not too thrilled about the location of the on/off switch on the A2
Old Mar 25, 2006, 3:54 PM   #10
E.T

Unless they used low voltage electronics wire in power cord it should have plentiful insulator thickness for 230V.
Propably only thing differing between different are models is that plug.

And unless you need to wait for everyone to be ready for shot you don't need remote release much, camera has 2s and 10s self timers so if you just use tripod to take longer time exposure you can use 2s delay to avoid shutter pressing bumb. (remote is "mandatory" only for bulb-mode when you define shutter time by keeping shutter pressed)

And I wouldn't bother with AAs unless you have lot of those and high capacity ones.
Here's how two Li-Ion compares to 6 AAs:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/a2_pg3.html

There's 3rd party Li-Ion batteries from known brands (Ansmann, Hähnel, Digipower, Lenmar) available which are equal to brand battery and much cheaper. But to questionably cheap "brand" batteries/those without any name and those with claimed capacities of 2500mAh (about 1500 mAh is capacity of real batteries) I wouldn't touch.

Mbrad440 wrote:
Quote:
Are there any quarks on the [email protected] I need to be aware of.
Change it immediately to point/spot focus by pressing/holding center button of 4-way controller, wide are focus mode could be called as randomizer because it can pick up a grass or tree branch near edge of frame and focus to it.

Also there's "f7.1-bug", when using auto exposure and zooming to tele it retains this f-ratio until shutter time would drop around 1/50s before using bigger aperture... easiest way to circumvent this is to use aperture priority.

Also what firmware does it have?
You can see it by going to Setup-menu (shortcut: function button+menu button) and pressing "display information" button. (one with i+ symbol)
If version isn't 1.14 updating to it would be preferable, writing speed increment can be even 200% depending on card you have. (Sandisk Ultra II/Extreme III are best)

And lastly get a big CF card, considering current prices 2GB would be good choise...
best quality JPEGs are between 4-6.5MB ("record" is 7.5MB) and videos take about 50MB per minute.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote