Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 7, 2003, 9:56 AM   #1

Default Some questions...

Hello folk, I have a few question about settings and stuff...here is my background info.

Dimage 7 Firmware 2.0
Manual Settings
Internal Flash set to 1/16
ISO: 200
Shutter speed 1/60
Apeture : F8

I am using the internal flash to trigger the Metz that is mounted next to my camera and two other external umbrellas.

Here are the questions:

1. What should the WB be set to under these conditions, assuming that I am shooting indoors.

2. If there camera is auto mode the AF/AE button can be used to lock in the focus, so that there is no time wasted to refocus on next shot which is similar. This does not seem to work in manual mode, is there a trick to it or is this feature not avaliable?

Is there another way to trigger the Metz (not using a slave unit)...is there an adaptor that will take a synch cord?

Thanks guys.
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2003, 11:22 AM   #2
NHL

Quote:
1. What should the WB be set to under these conditions, assuming that I am shooting indoors.
Daylight

Quote:
2. If there camera is auto mode the AF/AE button can be used to lock in the focus, so that there is no time wasted to refocus on next shot which is similar. This does not seem to work in manual mode, is there a trick to it or is this feature not avaliable?
Yes, if you don't release the shutter the whole way... ie keep it 1/2 pressed. Otherwise what's wrong with manual focus?

Quote:
Is there another way to trigger the Metz (not using a slave unit)...is there an adaptor that will take a synch cord?
Yes, the PCT-100! 8) 8) 8)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 11:47 AM   #3

Default Use manual focus

Just use manual focus !!!
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:10 PM   #4
NHL

FYI

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh6.sph/...ID=F4A3FE55280
Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:21 PM   #5

I find the manual focus to be really cumbersome....I will try the hold the shutter half way down....can I fire multiple shots like that? Say I focus once by pressing it half way...can I take like 5 or 6 shots by keeping the shutter pressed half way (by using the remote lead).
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 1:51 PM   #6
NHL

Quote:
I find the manual focus to be really cumbersome....I will try the hold the shutter half way down....can I fire multiple shots like that? Say I focus once by pressing it half way...can I take like 5 or 6 shots by keeping the shutter pressed half way
Yes! and you can manually overide with the focusing ring as well, if you want, by just rotating it in the AF mode (ie while the shutter release is 1/2 pressed)!

I don't know about the remote lead though, but it sure seems to implement the same functionality... :?

BTW I've just checked the AF/AE toggle and it is holding the focus as well through several shots until you toggle it again!